MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

This is the world - new 5U CD from spinachpizza
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author This is the world - new 5U CD from spinachpizza
kindredlost
Favorite track; "Ascent and decline".

This 5U and Microbrute flavored CD is above and away the premiere modular synthesizer release of the year. Mastered by Muffwiggler member - Gregg Janman at Hermetech Mastering.

Mr. Galbraith has a most refined understanding of what a filter and vca is good for.

[bandcamp width=100% height=42 album=1566565588 size=small bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5]
sduck
Fantastic sounds! Purchased!
spinach_pizza
Geez thanks David, Stephen!

But this thread ought to properly be about the new Kindred Lost album, out just 3 days ago!! Excellent all the way through (my favorite: The Primrose Path).

A Chord Line Beneath The Geodesic by Kindred Lost
sduck
Did not know about that one - also purchased!
Klangzaun
Great. Purchased.
cupperwear
wow, this is gorgeous. purchasing...
bwhittington
Wow, kindredlost and spinach pizza dropping albums in the same week. What a bounty.
alternating.bit
So this is the official soundtrack to the new Blade Runner movie, right?? Outstanding work!!
Jay88
Id rent this on pay per view, with some video like old news footage, space and nasa stuff.

Well done, I know how hard it is to make a 5U into music,
I should, (O god the sub woofer just kicked in at 2:00)

I should buy, OMFG the sub just kicked in hard now at 3:00
Dead Banana

Ok, just paid a low amount, the sub was worth it.

This is going to be awesome on Guinness ftw! and w00t smoking night.

Id like to send as gift to a friend tomorrow.

Very nice, thumbs up
ba1
Wow! I'm loving this! How much, if any is made with the MI Rings?
spinach_pizza
Thanks everyone, for your kind words, encouragement, and support! It means a lot, as I'm sure many of you know it can be somewhat frightening to put something of one's own out there (apparently not frightening enough to stop me from doing it haha!). It is a wonderful feeling when you discover that something you've made makes a connection with someone else.

@ba1 thanks! Yes, I used rings on practically every track, in varying amounts. I guess now that Jason is offering MI modules in MU format, we can discuss its use here??

I often use it in organ/string machine mode (tracks 1,2,4,5,7,8). Only tracks 2, 3 and 6 used it in its traditional resonator mode. Almost all the tracks in this project were overdubbed, but 'Here" is a prominent exception: it was a single take through rings. I don't really remember the patch, exactly, but I used all of the inputs on rings. I fed it an oscillator, some differently-paced triggers, and had a turing machine and a burst generator going. It's definitely a fun and useful module! Just try feeding weird and/or unexpected things into the inputs...

Thanks again, and I'm glad you're enjoying the music!
Jay88
you should try http://somafm.com/player/#/now-playing/dronezone
Dr Gris
I just had a quick listen.
So musical and beautiful love
Modular is a new territory for me and so is Bandcamp...

This is the best modular music I've ever heard to this day!!!

Dammit this modular side/hobby project I've just started might be useful after all,
if I ever master it like you do...

Best
//M
ba1
@ba1 thanks! Yes, I used rings on practically every track, in varying amounts. I guess now that Jason is offering MI modules in MU format, we can discuss its use here??

I often use it in organ/string machine mode (tracks 1,2,4,5,7,8). Only tracks 2, 3 and 6 used it in its traditional resonator mode. Almost all the tracks in this project were overdubbed, but 'Here" is a prominent exception: it was a single take through rings. I don't really remember the patch, exactly, but I used all of the inputs on rings. I fed it an oscillator, some differently-paced triggers, and had a turing machine and a burst generator going. It's definitely a fun and useful module! Just try feeding weird and/or unexpected things into the inputs...

Cool! I appreciate the explanation. I went and tried Rings out at my local euro store. I really need to get one. Awesome module, especially in your hands!
spinach_pizza
Thanks!!
cupperwear
I bought the album and have it on repeat at the hospital. Very inspiring work! Much texture and emotion!
spinach_pizza
Thank you, Cupperwear!
JeffreyKnapp
That was a fantastic track. Reminds me a little bit of earlier Michael Stearns.

Is your work available on iTunes or Apple Music? I searched but did not find it. If not, would you consider publishing it there?
spinach_pizza
Thanks so much, Jeffrey, what a flattering comparison!

It's not on iTunes, and I haven't really looked into that. I'm sincerely curious, though, is there an issue with Bandcamp? In my experience Bandcamp is about as easy as it gets, as a consumer. Unfortunately I can't say the same for iTunes.

EDIT: Actually, my first album (Polyphony) is on iTunes. I had forgotten it was there. I think it was placed there as a part of CDbaby's digital distribution package I purchased a few years ago, and have since earned perhaps $0.000673. For someone in my situation, the expense of getting it on iTunes outweighs the benefit of one or two track sales every couple of years.
Lowgritt
[quote="spinach_pizza"]Thanks so much, Jeffrey, what a flattering comparison!

It's not on iTunes, and I haven't really looked into that. I'm sincerely curious, though, is there an issue with Bandcamp? In my experience Bandcamp is about as easy as it gets, as a consumer. Unfortunately I can't say the same for iTunes.

Really loving this release! Well Done.

I'd highly suggest looking into Distrokid for digital release. They cover Itunes/Spotify,Google Play, Shazaam

For one artist, it's 19.99 per year & you can release as many singles and albums as you want. Extremely affordable and incredibly easy to make your music available on the essential outlets. Even if streams and buys are low, it's helpful to your online presence & search results. That being said, bandcamp is fantastic
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1