MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MuLab 7
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author MuLab 7
alexander92
Dont know what here happend.... hmmm.....
alexander92
Anyone here uses Mulab?
I just found this. Its quite an amazing DAW/VST and one of the lesser known DAW's overhauled by bigger companies like Logic , Ableton. As far as I know it's run by 1 guy and he is constantly updating it.

Basically they call each lane a MUX. A MUX is where you're audio stream will go to(VST, Samples, Any effect) http://mutools.com/mux-product.html As descibed in the URL, the MUX'es can be heavily modulated.

Basically MUX is integrated within MuLab, which is a DAW itself.
You can buy MUX separately as VST version though.

I think it's a rather cool concept, and the price is cheap compared to what it does. It's not well known, so I thought I bring up a discussion here. (I'm not affiliated with this company, just want to put this DAW/VST more in the spotlight, cause it deserves just that.)

You can build your own instruments, like reaktor/MAX (there is a whole library of them, check out the forum on KVR audio. But I haven't scratched its surface yet.

Its quite deep and very fun to play around with.
Im actually thinking to use it as my main DAW, thats how good i find it.
I highly recommend you try out the demo. Its starts a white noise for a few seconds after you use more then 5/6 instruments. Decide for yourself, and let me know what you think.
Scot Solida
Yeah, MUX/MuSynth is really cool and itself worth the price of admission. It's changed a lot since the last version I have (5.5). As a DAW, MuLab is quite good, if a bit quirky. There was a free Computer Music-badged light edition on the CM discs for a long time. If I recall correctly, MuLab is the descendant of a pattern-oriented Windows program called Muzys that was around for quite a while (there was also a free Computer Music version of that one, too, called Computer Muzys). A sleeper that's well worth a look.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1