MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Your favorite iOS synths.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Your favorite iOS synths.
rec.Koner
andrewhuang wrote:
+1 for Bebot.

DRC has a wide range of sounds and I really like the interface.

Audulus if you wanna go modular on iOS!

Sorry, what is DRC?
smithknows
I have tons of them.
The one I’ve actually recorded the most... Animoog. By far.
All the Korg ones are great too.
And everything inside of Korg Gadget.
lisa
I use Beatwave a lot. I just realised that I’ve only released a snippet of a track though. Strange. That needs to change in 2018. w00t

Here it is:

GovernorSilver
rec.Koner wrote:
andrewhuang wrote:
+1 for Bebot.

DRC has a wide range of sounds and I really like the interface.

Audulus if you wanna go modular on iOS!

Sorry, what is DRC?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/drc-polyphonic-synthesizer/id973055710  ?mt=8

People were in love with it for a few weeks, then Zeeon and Kauldron were released...

It never ends, this virtual analog arms race... wink

iMonoPoly is currently my favorite gadget in Korg Gadget, as well as one of my fave VAs.. and also runs standalone. I ihink it's the first Korg app that can be loaded as AU too.
rec.Koner
Oh, i frustrated many times how i against race and can use software on ios for 5 or more years.

though i had to have several devices with several OS very frustrating
GovernorSilver
I've managed to say no to most of the newer VAs.

I made an exception for Kauldron because peeps were saying the arpeggiator and SPAWN features are really nice to use - well, just an incredible number and qualify of features packed into a synth that was on sale for $3 or something.

iMonoPoly was the other exception because I liked having an alternative to Odyssei as a VA choice inside of Gadget, plus it's Korg's first AU synth. AU is the future in IOS.
rec.Koner
i still hope to see arp 2600 in ios!

we got ivcs3, so i know miracles happen

applause
GovernorSilver
Behringer is supposedly working on clones of both the 2600 and the VCS3 wink
1n
Arp Odyssei - great sounds; very playable; pretty semi-generative possibilities with the right iOS sequencer
Moog 15 - great sounds; nicely modular; presets work brilliantly as bases for further explorations
iVSC3 - some amazing sounds, mostly by accident; I don't know enough about synth-working to get the best out of this yet; but months of fun ahead
Animoog - nice sounds, but not as usable for me as the above
Fieldscaper - more sound design and FX sandbox, but very useful for after-mix modulation
soundshaper
I definitely like all the aforementioned synth apps, like Nave, Animoog and Model 15.

An amazing one that is rarely talked about it Cassini. I’ve programmed some really unique sounds with that one. The depth of modulation options per oscillator is unmatched on iOS. Three oscillators with FM, each with it’s own LFO and ENV, and even the LFOs even have their own envelopes! There are also two filters per voice, some randomizing features, programmable arpeggiator, and effects with two independent delays. If you’re looking for something deeeeeep, it’s the one for you.

Pase
Anything by Brambos.
Mr. Sound Boy King
TC-11 for life.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tc-11/id488577050?mt=8

So many options for customization + fun interface to bonk n' swipe.
soundshaper
Mr. Sound Boy King wrote:
TC-11 for life.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tc-11/id488577050?mt=8

So many options for customization + fun interface to bonk n' swipe.

Wow. This looks amazing. Can it actually be “played” in a consistent, musical, repeatable manner or is is more just experimental? Th interface looks like a lot of fun.
Hardtex
iMS-20 and the 'Putney' iVCS3 for now. A lot of fun with those though.
GovernorSilver
Beatmaker 3 is free during NAMM 2018.

Bit of a risky but bold move by Intua there. Risk pissing off the customers who paid, but possibly gain enough new ones to more than make up fo rit.
soundshaper
GovernorSilver wrote:
Beatmaker 3 is free during NAMM 2018.

Bit of a risky but bold move by Intua there. Risk pissing off the customers who paid, but possibly gain enough new ones to more than make up fo rit.

I think I’m one of those kinda pissed customers, especially considering it’s not usable for me yet in the way that I wanted to use it. It does not record incoming CC messages. So kinda useless for the way I record midi parts from external synths while turning knobs. You can use macro assignments but each parameter has to be setup beforehand and that sucks. It might get sorted though, which would be great cause its sampling and beatmaking abilities are pretty sweet for an iOS app.
ugokcen
I have tried a whole bunch of ios synths but finally came to the realization that I really don’t like turning virtual knobs on a touchscreen. So these days I only open up synths on the iPad if the interface adds something unique.

My latest find is KQ Dixie which is a perfect DX7 clone. Having all the operators on a single page and being able to touch the envelopes really makes me want to program it. Another synth I spent a lot of time on before that was the Korg iWavestation. Again, the touchscreen works wonders for editing those wave sequences. Model 15, which others have also mentioned, is probably the best sounding synth on the iPad, or even in the VST world. Heard through a quality audio interface and proper studio monitors, it is hard to believe it is not analog. It is fiddly to patch unfortunately. But I am happy just playing the presets.
Mr. Sound Boy King
soundshaper wrote:
Can it actually be “played” in a consistent, musical, repeatable manner

Yes!
Parhelic
Virsyn Addictive Pro is a great additive synth. Easy to use with some useful randomisation.
JES
I love iDensity.
Sketcherazzi
Ripplemaker - like a 0-Coast in your pocket, daily addiction for over a year now
Synthscaper - instant space sounds, the new random feature is addicting
Soundscaper - total mayhem, diving into chaos
iVCS3 - love the history behind this one, it stumped me at first
Model 15 - the Ribbon controller really uses touchscreens well

Kosmonaut - more genius from Bram Bos; I like setting tape delay to help blend preset changes
Fieldscaper - really rich ways to distort and manipulate sounds, the looper layout allows for quickly changing presets.
Spacecraft - also great for spacey granular sounds, though I seem to get the best results with the author's own preset sound files
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2