MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Your favorite iOS synths.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Your favorite iOS synths.
PISS.EXE
I have very few but one of the few I like a lot and often run into a sampler is Howl. I'm looking for other suggestions of fun iOS synths that sound unique and good on their own. No need for clones of existing instruments here. Anyone got any good ones? I might even get myself a midi to lightning thingy if there's one or two that are really good.
cscairney
Ive been glued to my iVCS3 on iPhone, still learning it.
Madrayken
Sunrizer (as an overall winner of a VA - very Virus-influenced)
Fieldscaper (as a field-recorder/drone thing - also check out his others)
SunVox (amazing all-in-one music dev package)
h4ndcrafted
Sunrizer , simple easy, covers loads of genres.

Animoog , for sound quality and its very intuitive but also deep.

Nave , for original sounds and performance options. Sounds superb too.

IELECTRIBE sounds good loads of fun.

Korg gadget with module is all you need, all the synths sound great.

ISEM , sounds amazing!

Bebot may be simple, but it is one great sounding synth.

I have loads of iOS synth, but here are the ones that stay on my pad...

h4ndcrafted
Madrayken wrote:

Virus influenced ?

Don't you mean JP8000/8080 influenced ?
sjk80
I'm really enjoying ivcs3 right now. I also got Ripplemaker recently. It's pretty good if you want something more west coast.
poppinger
For me the best thing about iOS synths is being able to spend a lot of time programming sounds when I'm on break at work - end up having huge banks of sounds that I really like piped right into the DAW with Studiomux.

My favorite is Nave. If you're into wavetables at all check it out - it's a sort of Blofeld-on-iPad.

A close second is probably the Virsyn stuff which can get you to some interesting and weird digital sounds that you don't get from a traditional subtractive synth. Poseidon and Addictive Pro are probably my favorites of theirs.
PISS.EXE
I'll check out Nave, blofeld on iOS sounds pretty sick.

I had no idea SunVox was on iOS. I ran it on a Palm many years ago...
calaveras
Nave. I wish all wavetablers had that interface.
Animoog is fun, but I swear the guys that made the presets have access to params I dont.
Filtatron is still fun too. I use Roland's air recorder to grab stuff and I have some utility to import into Filtatron.
AdamJay
Audio Damage Phopshor 2 for additive synthesis.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phosphor-2/id1259592723?mt=8

So good.

PISS.EXE
Shit, i never mentioned I don't have an ipad. Time to find out how many of these are ipad only.
calaveras
PISS.EXE wrote:
Shit, i never mentioned I don't have an ipad. Time to find out how many of these are ipad only.

I personally hate that ipad only is even a thing.
There is no technical reason, aside from screen real estate, for an app to be ipad only. And Apple provides hooks for developers to give an app a different appearance on ipad and iphone.
Heck it's hard enough to make an app look decent on the range of iphone sizes. Making it work on ipad and iphone is a cinch. This is just laziness on the developer or company's part.
poppinger
PISS.EXE wrote:

Oh man, I didn't realize. Honestly, I wouldn't fuck with most of the things in this thread on my iphone. Sounds like a recipe for intense frustration. I have large sausage fingers though and not pointy, elven, pencil fingers.
GovernorSilver
PISS.EXE wrote:

There's stuff on Android like Caustic and Sunvox - which of course I'm only aware of because they're also on IOS. hihi

Also a few Surface users out there, but I hear Bitwig is the only Windows app that has true multitouch support.
GovernorSilver
calaveras wrote:

Animoog is fun, but I swear the guys that made the presets have access to params I dont

They're probably using custom Timbres.

I think a Timbre is Animoog-speak for wavetable. There are probably more than 5000 3rd party ones you can get for Animoog:
https://www.animoog.org/database/timbres/
GUM
Audulus 3! very bright, hypercoloured modular environment for iPad
Pase
Animoog
Moog Model 15
Droneo (drones & soundscapes)
Troublemaker (303 alike)
Korg Gadget
calaveras
oh yeah forgot about gadget. TBH I'm not really into the whole in app purchase thing. But the 3 little synths are alright.
GovernorSilver
PPG Infinite looks promising.
http://www.wolfgangpalm.com/iinfinite.html

Since the trend lately is towards AU, I'll limit my synth app purchases to AU compatible ones, going forward. Infinite is one of them.
Easterner
Just downloaded PPG Infinite and it's been fun so far without referring to any manuals, though I might need to soon for the acronyms on each axis of the big modulation matrix...
Madrayken
h4ndcrafted wrote:
Madrayken wrote:

Virus influenced ?

Don't you mean JP8000/8080 influenced ?

Hmm. You might be right. Never seen a JP8000 close up. The look is definitely from there. The dual filter modes made me think of Virus front panels I've seen.
andrewhuang
+1 for Bebot.

DRC has a wide range of sounds and I really like the interface.

Audulus if you wanna go modular on iOS!
CF3
Korg iWavestation
Waldorf Nave
The Space Disco
Lorentz, Model 15, FM 4, iSem, Nave and Animoog... well not as swetty over animoog as most peeps are... it's good thou.

You need to peep Lorentz.

Patch daily!
Unifono0815
Animoog so far. It's amazing imo. And lots of fun.

Ripplemaker is fun too. Moog Model 15 sounds great, but the patching can be little fiddly.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1