MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Banana system pictures
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183, 184  Next [all]
Author Banana system pictures
flipper16
EdBrock wrote:
flipper16 wrote:
EdBrock wrote:

Beautiful system... love What's in there exactly?

it's a DIY Serge system built mainly with CGS boards, panels graphics based on paperface units

Would you go into more detail please?

I think I can see some 73-75 Homebuilt panels in there but the graphics look more consistent, are they custom printed?
EdBrock
flipper16 wrote:
EdBrock wrote:
flipper16 wrote:
EdBrock wrote:

it's a DIY Serge system built mainly with CGS boards, panels graphics based on paperface units

I think I can see some 73-75 Homebuilt panels in there but the graphics look more consistent, are they custom printed?

They are custom graphics printed on paper and laminated. I based the layouts on the 73-75, plus voice, control, and preset and made any modifications fit the general paperface format. Is this what you are looking for?
flipper16
EdBrock wrote:
flipper16 wrote:
EdBrock wrote:
flipper16 wrote:
EdBrock wrote:

They are custom graphics printed on paper and laminated. I based the layouts on the 73-75, plus voice, control, and preset and made any modifications fit the general paperface format. Is this what you are looking for?

That's cool... thumbs up Thanks.
fluxmonkey
EdBrock wrote:

period-correct mixer. nice!
EdBrock
Fluxmonkey, my Buchla also has the 'correct' mixer and tape decks, one is a four channel cassette. Everything mixes down to four channels in the studio.

Quad is dead, long live Quad!

rkilman
EdBrock wrote:
Fluxmonkey, my Buchla also has the 'correct' mixer and tape decks, one is a four channel cassette. Everything mixes down to four channels in the studio.

we're not worthy Nice!
emenel
EdBrock wrote:

Beautiful! Did you get these more recently? Or when they were new? smile I’m always curious how people track down specific vintage studio equipment like this, a lot of it seems to disappear or be in really bad shape.
EdBrock
emenel wrote:
EdBrock wrote:

Beautiful! Did you get these more recently? Or when they were new? smile I’m always curious how people track down specific vintage studio equipment like this, a lot of it seems to disappear or be in really bad shape.

Found a few of these quad mixers from this period in different versions on ebay a year ago. you can still find them, just wait for a clean unit - a lot of ugly ones out there....
jamb
buchla rimowa case

construct09
Nice looking case jamb, how's the build quality and what model is it?
jamb
construct09 wrote:
Nice looking case jamb, how's the build quality and what model is it?

It's a rimowa camera case, not sure the exact model name. great quality... it's an injection mold case I think, lightweight. waterproof. size-wise it's almost perfect. it'd be nice if it were slightly bigger to fit two boats. as you can see, the top row of modules is overlapping. having the lid attached is kind of nice, I can add an extra module or full row of modules resting in it.
J3RK
Some test panels for new circuits, and new versions of old circuits...

gigasturtz

glamour shot of most recent DIY builds, these four will join a MArF in an 8 space suitcase as soon as it gets here smile
BugBrand
J3RK wrote:
Some test panels for new circuits, and new versions of old circuits...

Looks lovely.
Have you got lemons on your mind?!
J3RK
Thanks!

I may have lemons on the mind. One can never tell. hihi
emenel
Light in here is far from ideal so the pics are a little blury, but here are a couple pictures of my newly complete banana systems.

Serge:

Bugbrand:

Reese P. Dubin
Tower of RS is really lovely. Best color scheme pic IMO too Russian Suprematism style.
daindain
Fuzzy pic but here’s my 200e playing the Los Angeles version of the Kranky records 25th anniversary show with my band Less Bells. We were opening for Grouper and Brian McBride of Stars of the Lid. It was in an incredible cathedral in Koreatown. Super fun show.
construct09
Hmmm, need some 36" pomonas now meh

BugBrand
^^^F&&& -- I didn't realise you were still rocking anything like that! Amazing!
EdBrock
daindain wrote:
Fuzzy pic but here’s my 200e playing the Los Angeles version of the Kranky records 25th anniversary show with my band Less Bells. We were opening for Grouper and Brian McBride of Stars of the Lid. It was in an incredible cathedral in Koreatown. Super fun show.

Wow! I bet it sounded great.
tobb
EdBrock wrote:

Hi,Tip: you can easy remove the metal 'arm rest' metal corner on these mixer (access possible if you just remove the front side plate) and replace this metal L corner with one in wood that match the side panels (a dark stained wood work better btw) for a more vintage look

Looks like your are a Tascam/Teac freak like me grin
EdBrock
tobb wrote:
EdBrock wrote:

Hi,Tip: you can easy remove the metal 'arm rest' metal corner on these mixer (access possible if you just remove the front side plate) and replace this metal L corner with one in wood that match the side panels (a dark stained wood work better btw) for a more vintage look

Looks like your are a Tascam/Teac freak like me grin

I find that the four channel capabilities of these mixers and tape decks fits perfectly to my quad studio. Even when I play to stereo (always four speakers though), I can use the panning/channels to send to four different effects chains of hardware or software. I appreciate the wood sides tip - lots of things to do first in my studio. I am building several hundred new modules for a studio expansion. Big project. Wood sides will have to wait! I guess I also have a thing for the products of this era - strong impressions from my youth.
J3RK
construct09 wrote:
Hmmm, need some 36" pomonas now meh

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
rico loverde
Current state. Top row is RS Euro, 1u row is Sputnik Quad LPG and. 3.5 to nanner adapters.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183, 184  Next [all]
Page 182 of 184