MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Banana system pictures
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 183, 184, 185  Next [all]
Author Banana system pictures
fonik
I have built myself a small mobile Serge-system, a kind of Serge Easel.
(powered by Laptop PSU or Powerbank, headphone plugs nicely into the balanced line out, boats are just a 45mm deep and bolt together - wooden side cheeks are still missing).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2fJS1zG]
Music On The Sofa[/url] by Matthias Herrmann, on Flickr
Rex Coil 7
This here shit is the dog's balls. It just exudes ~fun~.

ws9848 wrote:
rico loverde
Got a new rolling, slanted rack for next to nothing. Its so nice to sit at and play. Totally loving it. It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!

Gringo Starr
rico loverde wrote:
Got a new rolling, slanted rack for next to nothing. Its so nice to sit at and play. Totally loving it. It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!

Nice! Bugs and Serge make a great combo.
pbanken
After many, many months of happy wiggling, here's my modest entry for this gallery.

Many of you can probably relate: This instrument has and continues to give me joy without end. After years and years of GAS, experiments and shopping spree after shopping spree, I feel like I've "arrived".

Cheers
pbanken
soup
90% diy, 100% fun
Jürgen Haible’s Living VCO’s and friends in banana frac…
MechaSeb
Powerfully cute ! love
phisynth
rearranged things a bit, much better workflow now :

indexofmetals
soup wrote:
90% diy, 100% fun
Jürgen Haible’s Living VCO’s and friends in banana frac…

Soup, that is beautiful. Can you describe the other modules (besides the scrotum labs, bugbrand and haible living vco's).
soup
indexofmetals wrote:
Soup, that is beautiful. Can you describe the other modules (besides the scrotum labs, bugbrand and haible living vco's).

Sure, the others are...

Stroh Bit Station, Barton Rando Chordo, Fonik Sequential Switch, L-1 Quad VCA, Hexinverter Quad Envelope, Stroh Stereo Out
2x Electrosmith VCO chiclets, Stroh Downlow Filter, Electrosmith VCF chiclet, Stroh Lowpass Gate

The Living VCO's plus the sequential switch and rando chordo equals lots of chord and arp fun (especially with Grids)

I'm a big fan of all the Stroh stuff for frac diy.
reticon
^^ super nice applause
albinj
fonik wrote:
I have built myself a small mobile Serge-system, a kind of Serge Easel.
(powered by Laptop PSU or Powerbank, headphone plugs nicely into the balanced line out, boats are just a 45mm deep and bolt together - wooden side cheeks are still missing).

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2fJS1zG]
Music On The Sofa[/url] by Matthias Herrmann, on Flickr

This looks insanely fun to play with, and perfect for couches and travel I assume smile
the bad producer
southphillysynths
the bad producer

Awesome set up and the ever elusive WAD! It might be time for me to add a panel to my BB258, this looks to have some good additions to think about!

Also, with the WAD, have you experimented with modern SAD replacements like http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/ic-v3205-v3102/.

These are replacements for the MN3205 used in some versions of the Memory man, not sure because they don't look to have the same footprint of the SADs.
the bad producer
Thanks! More fun things coming soon to LW format, so maybe best to wait until you see them!

Regarding the WAD, I don't think it would work with any other chip, but one might be able to use another and design something around it, I really must crack on with the NLC Delay No More for example... AND the SOST as a comparison...

(BTW my computer went a bit wonky so having trouble drawing things, but I'll get that patch sheet to you later on - sorry for delay!)
southphillysynths
the bad producer wrote:
Thanks! More fun things coming soon to LW format, so maybe best to wait until you see them!

(BTW my computer went a bit wonky so having trouble drawing things, but I'll get that patch sheet to you later on - sorry for delay!)

Good to know and no worries! Thanks as always for the extra info and replies. SlayerBadger!
JesperP
I recently converted my R*S Euro Serge system from mini jacks to bananas. It took some work but the result is totally worth it.

[/img]
Isaiah
JesperP
Beautiful!
Could you explain how you converted the modules, please?
I guess it involved careful drilling of the PCBs and panels.
Anything in particular that folks should be aware of if they wanted to convert their R*S Serge to bananas?
JesperP
So yes it involves expanding the existing holes in the panel and in some cases also drilling holes in the pcb's themselves to make room for the banana solder terminal. I used a step drill and a drill press for drilling the panels:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0LwgfUhuj2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Some of the newer pcb's from Random*Source are already "banana ready" in that they have holes for fitting the solder terminals of the bananas through. But some pcb's you'll have to drill holes in. To be on the safe side I put a piece of heat shrink on the solder terminals:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Qkrt2BA_9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Three modules you'll have to patch a severed trace (from drilling), otherwise it's reasonable straight forward iif you have some building experience.
aethyr
Ummm so this happened Dead Banana
Isaiah
JesperP
Thanks for the explanation.
I had been thinking about getting a VCFQ for my banana-equipped Eurorack.
I had thought about wiring everything off-board and adding a Q CV attenuator whilst I was at it.
This seems like a lot less hassle though...
Did the VCFQ or VCFS require any traces to be repaired?
Gringo Starr
phisynth wrote:
rearranged things a bit, much better workflow now :

Hell YEAH!!!! Great setup! Looks beautiful and I know it sounds the same. Great space Phisynth!
JesperP
Isaiah wrote:
JesperP
Did the VCFQ or VCFS require any traces to be repaired?

The VCFS needed one trace to be mended after drilling. Not a huge deal.
REcDeso12oi
pbanken wrote:
After many, many months of happy wiggling, here's my modest entry for this gallery.

Many of you can probably relate: This instrument has and continues to give me joy without end. After years and years of GAS, experiments and shopping spree after shopping spree, I feel like I've "arrived".

Cheers
pbanken

What have we here?? Custom H Modules? Is someone making these?

search64
REcDeso12oi wrote:
pbanken wrote:

Cheers
pbanken

What have we here?? Custom H Modules? Is someone making these?

Probably Northern Light Modular?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 183, 184, 185  Next [all]
Page 184 of 185