MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tassman4 general Questions LFO audio rate and crazy stuff?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Tassman4 general Questions LFO audio rate and crazy stuff?
nichttuntun
Hi,
I truely wonder if anybody figured out another way to get some kind of sounds out of this machine which sound like typical LFO-audio rate modulation, like in a doepfer-system e.g.

Unfortunately the TASSMAN LFOs just do it to 35hz and therefore are just usable for modulation and cannot be heared by themselves.

Another question I have is if you know how to modulate a LFO by another LFO because the LFOs have no input. I want to achiev some kind of crazy unpredictable scanning effects which are evolving and changing over a very long time, like you can do with e.g. a WALDORF BLOFELD or ENZYME.

I wonder why the kind people at AAS do not have a Forum. Information about programming the TASSMAN4 is veeeery rare on the internet and the well written manual provides just very raw and basic information.

Of course I tried out all the presets which are truely great when it comes to emulate classical analog gear. BUT there really is nothing I did not already hear in the past and I totally miss the freakish and experimental stuff there. The more I fiddle around with TASSMAN4 the more I wonder if one could lift it beyond the standard analogish sounding stuff anyway - beside the physical moddeled stuff of course (and in that field the modulation possibilities seem to be rather limited).

What are your experiences with TASSMAN4 and do you know a great source on the internet to delve way deeper into that great instrument? Thank you a lot for sharing.

Cheers.
JustcallmeƖ
If you're working in Ableton with max for live,
i would suggest that you map the lfo rates from your tassman using CC to this: http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=446

an map the value of these knobs (the ones from the max device)
to basic max's lfos

now you can see and control the movement of every Lfos outside of Tassman
and you're no longer limited in your modulations !

i just tried it, it works perfectly for me applause
JustcallmeƖ
even if you are not using Ableton/Max, don't worry
i'm sure you can find a way to do it with Reaktor or something else
nichttuntun
Hi,
thank you for this great hints hyper

I think I have to figure out a way to do so in CUBASE. I admit I am not the best when it comes to program DAW-systems and Midi-Maps and such alike. I can program Synthesizers for days...but Midi (arghhh).

But now I have a starting point. thumbs up

Cheers
peripatitis
nichttuntun wrote:
Hi,
I truely wonder if anybody figured out another way to get some kind of sounds out of this machine which sound like typical LFO-audio rate modulation, like in a doepfer-system e.g.

Unfortunately the TASSMAN LFOs just do it to 35hz and therefore are just usable for modulation and cannot be heared by themselves.

Another question I have is if you know how to modulate a LFO by another LFO because the LFOs have no input. I want to achiev some kind of crazy unpredictable scanning effects which are evolving and changing over a very long time, like you can do with e.g. a WALDORF BLOFELD or ENZYME.

I wonder why the kind people at AAS do not have a Forum. Information about programming the TASSMAN4 is veeeery rare on the internet and the well written manual provides just very raw and basic information.

Of course I tried out all the presets which are truely great when it comes to emulate classical analog gear. BUT there really is nothing I did not already hear in the past and I totally miss the freakish and experimental stuff there. The more I fiddle around with TASSMAN4 the more I wonder if one could lift it beyond the standard analogish sounding stuff anyway - beside the physical moddeled stuff of course (and in that field the modulation possibilities seem to be rather limited).

What are your experiences with TASSMAN4 and do you know a great source on the internet to delve way deeper into that great instrument? Thank you a lot for sharing.

Cheers.

i don't get this though..What stops you from using a vco instead?
ignatius
AAS used to have a forum but they got rid of it. i guess it wasn't very active and there were 10year old threads asking wtf is going on w/tassman w/monthly bumps and no new information.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1