MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Neunaber Immense reverb?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Neunaber Immense reverb?
mousegarden
Just been listening to some demos of this, love the overall sound, finally a pedal reverb that sounds really lush at a reasonable price.
But......oh yes! there's always a but.
Is it me? it doesn't seem that you can go fully wet with this thing? on all the demos it sounds as though you always have too much dry sound, I've heard others comment on this, anyone with any experience of this?
Hainbach
I use the Slate, which is their multiFX pedal, and it can go full wet. No idea on the Immerse, though.
flo
There's a kill dry switch

https://neunaber.net/products/immerse wrote:
External Kill Dry switch for parallel effect loops

thumbs up Guinness ftw!
mousegarden
flo wrote:
There's a kill dry switch

https://neunaber.net/products/immerse wrote:
External Kill Dry switch for parallel effect loops

thumbs up Guinness ftw!

I thought that as well, but, even on an aux send, the return signal always sounds like it has a high proportion of dry dignal, so no matter how much you kill the dry sound externally, it's always there in the pedal, if you get what I mean? hmmm.....
Muzone
From the user guide....

"The KILL DRY switch removes the dry signal, leaving only the “wet” (effect) signal.
This should be enabled for parallel effect loops, and disabled for serial (common) effect loops
"

I've used one and the output is 100% wet, no residues, artifacts or imaginary signals wink
flo
I'm not sure why they write "external", it's a switch right at the pedal itself. And clearly it kills the dry signal.

Maybe they write "external" to differentiate it from other geetar verb pedals that have it "internally", meaning a jumper somewhere inside the pedal at the circuits, that you have to open to access the switch (like the Hall of Fame)...
mousegarden
I can understand the kill switch, OK, but that would only work in an effects loop, where you have control over the mix via an aux send. I'm a keyboard player, and I just want to insert it across the output of my synth, or feed it into other pedals, plus, I don't want to have the hassle of carrying a mixer with me. I'm going to check one out though, it may be OK, the sound sure is amazing, like a slightly cheaper alternative to a Space, more like a rack Lexicon though.
flo
Well, that's a dry/wet control you want... But you were asking for 100% wet... wink

The "FX Level" control is not a dry/wet I guess, just the volume of the effected signal. Probably not doing anything to the dry part... But I suppose you should be able to go higher than 50% wet with that.

Cheers Guinness ftw!
mousegarden
flo wrote:
Well, that's a dry/wet control you want... But you were asking for 100% wet... wink

The "FX Level" control is not a dry/wet I guess, just the volume of the effected signal. Probably not doing anything to the dry part... But I suppose you should be able to go higher than 50% wet with that.

Cheers Guinness ftw!

Yeah, this whole thing is strange, why would you design something this way, for what purpose? A dry wet knob seems more useful, who knows?
I don't really want it completely wet all the time, but it's nice to have that option if I need it.
flo
Many reverb and delay guitar pedals are like that (FX level plus kill dry switch)... Maybe guitarists cannot wrap their head around a crossfader? lol thumbs up

Personally, I find it works well like this in 99% of all situations. Just dial in the desired FX level when it's in series, or use the kill dry in a parallel send/return loop (and use the console to adjust the send and return levels). Of course, if you wanna jam the dry/wet relation in real time, that wouldn't work properly.

Cheers Guinness ftw!
mousegarden
flo wrote:
Of course, if you wanna jam the dry/wet relation in real time, that wouldn't work properly.

Cheers Guinness ftw!

I'm just going to have to find one and have a go!

thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1