MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Novation Launchpad
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Novation Launchpad
r05c03
Okay, so I have never really played with one of these devices. Say that I do not use computers or loops all that much, say I use instruments and sequence them in some way or another. How is this device intuitive? I look it at and I am just confused. I see people using them and pushing buttons and stuff comes out. I know it cannot be that easy.
kriskeyser
I think the main appeal of it is that it's meant to be configurable to do what you want it to.
With Ableton's session view, it's pretty intuitive- each clip lights up and you can trigger the clips in a tactile fashion. It's not bad for drumming either.
It can also be used as a pretty intuitive midi controller for melodic work, mapping each button to a midi pitch.
There's also lots of other ways to set it up, but these are just a few that I've used before.
I will say that it does take some getting used to, but once it's all set up and you practice with it a bit, it becomes a really nice immediate way to make music.
Licudi
Not for me, but the Launchpad Mini MK2 is down to £38 in Amazon's Black Friday sale.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Novation-AMS-LAUNCHPAD-MINI-MK2-Launchpad-Min i-MKII/dp/B00W5F3GJ0/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Launchpad+Mini+%5BMK2%5D&psr= EY17&qid=1574862760&s=black-friday&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=1-1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1