MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Will ModyPoly fix my weird Poly 61 issue?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author Will ModyPoly fix my weird Poly 61 issue?
bujbot1
Hi,

I recently brought a Poly 61 from Dead Banana to Rockin' Banana!

The only problem still remaining is that a few specific notes are out of tune. So you're playing and everything is great, and you hit the specific note and BAM, could be 3+ semi tones off. If you shift the octave range the note goes with it, so it's not tied to a specific physical key.

I'm still trying to figure this out, but I'm starting to think it's in the CPU ... which makes me wonder if ModyPoly CPU replacement would fix this.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Either on the ModyPoly side of things, or maybe where on the board the problem could remain if it's not tied to the CPU.

*I've changed the battery and believe I have repaired all the damage the leak caused (including a few dozen wiring harness sockets)

Thanks!
tubbutec
Hi,

this sounds like there is still some battery damage. Specifically I believe that

1) Some of the traces between the second CPU (not the ModyPoly) and the DCO ICs are broken

or

2) Sometimes the internal connectors are doggy, try wiggling them and see if it improves
bujbot1
tubbutec wrote:
Hi,

this sounds like there is still some battery damage. Specifically I believe that

1) Some of the traces between the second CPU (not the ModyPoly) and the DCO ICs are broken

or

2) Sometimes the internal connectors are doggy, try wiggling them and see if it improves

Thanks, I'll look into the area you're talking about some more. I spent some time with the schematic as well and traced all the components along the CV trail that I might try replacing as well.

It's a shame the shop manual is so poorly scanned.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1