MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

WAD Woes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author WAD Woes
syncretism
I'm not getting anything out of A or B at all, but for the familiar faint, high-pitched wine when I adjust the filter. The flanger appears to work and respond to controls, though, so maybe I haven't totally blown my WAD. Does this sound like a trimmer adjustment alluded to in other threads is needed, or am I potentially fucked, here? This is an Animate with its own PS2a. I'm not sure when it stopped working; I'm pretty sure it was okay back when I was patching actively a few months ago.
the bad producer
Is the flanger out 'flanging'?
syncretism
It might be my imagination, but there's a faint high overtone. Otherwise, it sounds like it's not. Some of the controls have definite effects, but I think they're all external to those BBDs, like mixers or filters. Ugh.
the bad producer
The high overtone is likely the BBD clock (the SAD delay chips are clocked at a very high frequency by a voltage controlled clock)... The delay control will vary this frequency... The idea of the VCF is to filter out the clock noise (a common issue with BBD delays)

The Flanging output is taken (partly) from the A output, hence my question!

It sounds to me like it either needs trimming or it's died, if it's an STS one best to contact Rex I'd say...
syncretism
Yeah, it sounds like it.

Erg. I've never spoken with Rex Probe before.
the bad producer
Nor have I hihi

If you're handy with electronics you could always go here:

http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs208_wad.html
hydrophilos
syncretism wrote:
It might be my imagination, but there's a faint high overtone. Otherwise, it sounds like it's not. Some of the controls have definite effects, but I think they're all external to those BBDs, like mixers or filters. Ugh.

Call him--maybe you'll learn something that you never thought of before...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1