MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-8 pitch tracking issue with Reaktor Blocks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8 pitch tracking issue with Reaktor Blocks
simond4zed
Hey guys!

Loving the ES-8, but had a problem today that I hope some might help me figure out smile

When sending 1v/oct to Reaktor Blocks it's like there is a small voltage drop in the pitch. It's dropping approximately a semitone per octave - I don't know if the module is not able to do this, needs calibration or if it's software related.

Im feeding in four 1v/oct pitch informations to all four inputs on the ES-8 at the same time, feeding pitch input on 4 oscillators in Reaktor 6 Blocks. Then sending all four out through same output and recording into Logic, where I analyzed the pitch with melodyne - I've attached pictures to show the pitch tracking and my reaktor setup.

The exact same setup works, when using Dixie II's. I've been searching for what the problem could be, but can't figure it out. seriously, i just don't get it

Does anyone know what might be the problem here?

(the pictures is in reverse order, start from the buttom and up)
simond4zed
no ideas? would love to be able to use reaktor 6 as more oscillators in my patches hyper
os
The ES-8 inputs and outputs are not hardware calibrated. You can't expect to feed a CV in and have it come out unchanged unless you've taken steps to calibrate that in software.
simond4zed
thank you for the response!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1