MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TKB FTW!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author TKB FTW!
tIB
Bit of a muffs collaboration this...

Almost two years ago to the day I recieved a packet from the rather lovely Djangosfire, who had donated a rather large stack of DIY goodies, amongst which was a tkb panel...

Two years on I've finally 'finished' my little serge after receiving the TKB I'd built but had issues with from Charlie/loudestwarning, who debugged in spectacular fashion. Thanks also to zthee and neilbaldwin who helped out in various ways along the way.

To celebrate I unpatched the live set I'd been working on (whoops!) and will now go about constructing another! Pic:

cygmu
Nice!

What's the panel in the middle?
tIB
It's an 80s era custom panel - loads of slopes!
cygmu
Slopes and faders and VCAs and multipliers and ring mod and STUFF on the ends. Looks awesome. What do the columns of blue jacks on the ends do?
djangosfire
tIB wrote:
Bit of a muffs collaboration this...

Almost two years ago to the day I recieved a packet from the rather lovely Djangosfire, who had donated a rather large stack of DIY goodies, amongst which was a tkb panel...

Two years on I've finally 'finished' my little serge after receiving the TKB I'd built but had issues with from Charlie/loudestwarning, who debugged in spectacular fashion. Thanks also to zthee and neilbaldwin who helped out in various ways along the way.

Hell yes!!! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

Thank you for sharing Andy, glad to see - and look forward to hearing your awesome Serge!

Cheers - Adam
tIB
cygmu wrote:
Slopes and faders and VCAs and multipliers and ring mod and STUFF on the ends. Looks awesome. What do the columns of blue jacks on the ends do?

They were on the panel to bridge from one side to the other when I bought it - I since changed them to some passive switches and gate to trigger/short env type things. It's a great panel - I kind of wish there was a res eq somewhere in that system (and a wad and frequency shifter!) but you can't have it all in three rows of serge.
MindMachine
Beauty! I like that middle row. Wish I had a Dual VCA and a Scaling Processor.
To be honest, I covet the clock!!!
tIB
Ha - clock was a very well chosen gift from a good friend - a reminder of my mod (wannabe) days!
batchas
Great. A lot of fun in perspective SlayerBadger!
Baddcr
Very nice!! Congratulations thumbs up
tIB
Cheers all. First impressions of the tkb are that it has more going on than I imagined, albeit in a way that of I'd thought about some I'd have figured it out...

I like it a lot, and there is plenty of fun to be had from the vertical clocking alongside the (horizontal) ressetting. If I'm honest I reckon an m-class sized tkb would do me (or two), but as it is Im enjoying it very much.

As an aside I always regretted selling my SWAMP panel some time back and kind of wondered whether I'd be happier rejigging the system around the inclusion of that and along with some more processing in place of the gator. I perhaps would for something like the klangzeit, though I can already see I'd miss some of the tkbs features - it's something of a relief to think I'll probably keep things as they are.
aethyr
Killer combo !
MindMachine
I don't use my TKB nearly enough. Each time I do I think I'm a fool for not making it a part of every patch. Since I am not a keyboard player, I use it a lot just to have preprogrammed notes and chords that I can manually play in rhythm to other parts with no bad notes! Take that dotcom Q15!

It is super useful if you have the space for it. More useful than I know.

ps - I have four modified DTG's too!

tiB are your DTG mods cycle switch/audio in/bi-polar out?
tIB
No bipolar out on these (I don't think anyway) - trig and sig in, gate and slope out.

Just missing the rise/fall/both switch and the 1v/Oct in from the full version - I can live with that since I'm getting 8 slopes in more or less the same space as a quadslope.
Reese P. Dubin
The last touched pad being the reset step is my favorite aspect of the whole thing at this point (8 months THC version). It really lets you make so many smaller sequences all over the knob forest. No other hardware sequencer that I have used is close to this one.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1