MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

250e Pulse Output Behavior Question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 250e Pulse Output Behavior Question
REcDeso12oi
Hello Friends,

Please bear with me as this is a confusing question to ask.

I feel like my pulse output section on my 250e is acting up, so I wanted to check w/ you guys to see if this is normal behavior or if there might be an easy fix. First off my "All" output is functioning normally, but when I assign Pulse Output 1 to a stage or multiple stages, it outputs that pulse in Pulse Output 1 AND Pulse Output 2.. and vise versa.

So if I set Pulse Output 1 to trigger on step 1, and Pulse Output 2 is zero'd out.. Pulse Output 2 is still outputting pulses whenever 1 is triggered.. and vise versa.

Everything else in the 250 seems to be functioning normally.

This isn't normal behavior right? Is there some setting on the 250 that might change this?

Thanks!
vgermuse
Can you clarify "zero'd out"? I think of that term applied to potentiometers on a mixing board, i.e. Continuosly variable. The pulse out on the 250e is button, either on or off. What are you zeroing out please.
rayce
Thats not normal

When I program a pulse on pulse one it only shows up on pulse 1 not 1 and 2 (and vice versa).

Pulse 1 and 2 should be independently programmable.
REcDeso12oi
Right, vgermuse, sorry for the confusion. In that scenario Pulse Output 2 is set to the Off position in all of the stages.

rayce wrote:
Thats not normal

When I program a pulse on pulse one it only shows up on pulse 1 not 1 and 2 (and vice versa).

Pulse 1 and 2 should be independently programmable.

Thats what I thought.. the way my Pulse Output section is functioning is basically like one Pulse Output w/ two buttons.

Its just weird that everything, even the lights on the buttons are functioning properly, but its just sending all programmed pulses out of both outputs.

Thanks again for your help
rayce
Have you tried plugging in just the 250e on its own and seeing if it still acts that way? Just curious if there might be a weird interaction with other modules. Unlikely but one thing you can easily check.
batchas
I'd check behind the panel to see if the plugs from output 1 & 2 are not somehow in contact or wired together by error.
REcDeso12oi
Both great ideas. I'll check those out tonight.
missingtwin
Also, try reloading the latest firmware.
REcDeso12oi
Took the 250e apart today.

Both pulse output wires were tied to the lower pulse output jack with a black rubber tie. The two wires seemed to be melted together underneath the black tie, maybe the tie was a form of shrink wrap or something that required heat, no idea.. But when I peeled the wires apart there was indeed exposed wire causing bleed between the two wires. I fixed the wires and boom! Perfect working 250e.

Thanks everyone for your helpful input.
batchas
REcDeso12oi wrote:
Both pulse output wires were tied to the lower pulse output jack with a black rubber tie.

Bingo!

Glad for you it is solved. Time to have fun then thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1