MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

uhm. Digitakt is king.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author uhm. Digitakt is king.
r3x
So - in my struggle to find the perfect sequencer setup, i ended up ordering a digitakt.

I know the inherent problems its supposed to have - no song mode, no midi patterns, etc.

BUT..

I am playing with this now, and from where im sitting, its:

8x audio tracks
8x midi tracks

and 16 patterns, globally for each individual track/midi.

THATS A TON OF SHIT.

And its really gorgeous to play on - im using this into a yarns -> euro and its just a dream come true.

Sure you cant bend and warp stuff in realtime like on octatrack, but its fast, easy, furious, and mothergoating glorious.

I will update this post if i run into any snaggles, but this by far, beats beatstep pro, ableton, push, metropolis, rene, pp+brains, maschine, and any other thing ive ever tried to sequence my eurorack with AND its a sampler, AND later this year it will support overbridge, meaning you hook it up to your DAW ( pref ableton for some reason ) and voila, everythings there ready to mix down.

So for those of you that havent been looking at this, i strongly urge you to go try it out - for me this is godsend.

Its super small, keys are a bit noise/clacky, but the feel of them are brilliant, and the whole interface just makes sense.

Now if only someone could explain to me why i should ditch yarns and go for the fh-1 with this, then im all ears; but note please, i do not want something complicated in my setup; the last time i went expert sleepers, i nearly quit making music - it became a chore.

That is all, have a nice weekend smile
drip.feed
I came close to buying one a few weeks ago, but lack of song mode stopped me. I bought an RS-7000 instead.
drip.feed
Mods, this thread should be probably be moved to General Gear.
Muse FTW
I've had trouble getting the DT to work with my uMIDI properly, but I'll be picking up a Yarns to really take advantage of the MIDI sequencing.
Baddcr
Octatrack is all that and isn't crippled in the same way, I must admit when the DT was first announced I was exited, but that has waned considerably the more I have found out about it!

I'm probably not that interested any more... sorry, just released this may be a bit of a buzzkiller sad banana

I mean to say, when you get to the limitations of the DT - check out the OT - it is as good as you think it will be and threes some great deals second hand at the moment!
jsco
FH-1 does a lot, but it's complicated, and using it is a chore. (mine's up for sale if i just sold you on it.)
starthief
I don't see how a Digitakt is somehow more powerful than Ableton or Maschine, but really it comes down to

(I don't like Ableton Live myself, and I'm pondering the weirdness of continuing to use Maschine when I don't really do drum sequencing anymore, but the workflow works pretty well for me. I should probably give Bitwig another poke maybe, or just not worry about it...)
kimu
I love mine, easy to use, few menu diving, meant for performance and improvisation much like modular... It's just missing a cv and gate out, but midi tracks are great
Baddcr
Yeah... If Elektron did an 8 channel CV sequencer with the same options as the A4 - I'd be sold! The A4 sequencer / arp is magic!
racooniac
the absence of deep menus and the sound of the reverb makes me like the digitakt even more than the octa, for drums/rythm.

if i wanted to make melodic stuff i would maybe want the features of the octa, but i dont plan to use the box for whole tracks and melodies, just rythm.
Zymos
Baddcr wrote:
Yeah... If Elektron did an 8 channel CV sequencer with the same options as the A4 - I'd be sold! The A4 sequencer / arp is magic!

You shouldn't keep ideas like that all to yourself, don't you think Electron would like to hear about it?

(hides)
Baddcr
Oh they know already... it's been discussed numerous times here and there!

Who knows... maybe one day they will surprise us This is fun!
TrondC
I must admidt, I wasn't even a little interested in this when it was announced, but after taking a closer look I am madly in love and know that, even tho I alredy have drums, samples AND sequencing covered with my Octa/A4/Rytm & MDUW, I have to have this, if not just to put in my lap on a cold autumn night on the couch smile
Zymos
Baddcr wrote:

:

Oh well, my snark went undetected....
Infinity Curve
Digitakt was pretty cool. definitely immediate
Baddcr
Zymos wrote:
Baddcr wrote:

:

Oh well, my snark went undetected....

Oh I see... hahaha - yep - fair play!! w00t

I'm not afraid to admit it, I am like the jilted lover when it comes to Elektron sad banana

There is this faint glimmer of hope that we might get back together one day hehehe grin
Zymos
My fault should have added several cool

I like Elektron, I'm not at the fanboy level or anything though. Have an AK that I rarely use, had an Octa that I thought was cool in concept but I hated using it....
Orange
Baddcr wrote:

^^^
I sell my AK for it
.......But I would miss the delay, reverb and chorus (and keys) hmmm.....
AdamJay
My only real DT complaint is lack of Kit Paste & a Kit browser, like the MD, MM, AR, A4, and OT (Parts) have.

But I understand that this simplification makes it more accessible for many, so it's a limitation to work around that will certainly have its effect on the final sound of what I create with DT.
The same way OP-1's limitations have made my own OP-1 creations unique.

It's a great box, though. Love the resolution of sample editing, and the immediacy of sampling and loading to a track.
Amazing how you can make such quick work of mangling a recorded phrase or loop with conditional trigless locks.
xonetacular
Baddcr wrote:

SE Engine with CV expansion is pretty close to what you're describing
gentle_attack
Zymos wrote:
Baddcr wrote:

You shouldn't keep ideas like that all to yourself, don't you think Electron would like to hear about it?

(hides)

And bastardize the new and improved Elektron MonoAnalogCincoTrack-torbeam mkii-point-too ft InterBranch 1.oh and new non-destructive paint? I think NOT!
PISS.EXE
drip.feed wrote:
I came close to buying one a few weeks ago, but lack of song mode stopped me. I bought an RS-7000 instead.

Give me a RS7k over a Digitakt ANY day!!!!

(I sold my RS7k almost a year ago. It was such a sick machine but I never integrated it into my workflow, the sequencer just didn't click with me enough. Then again I think the Digitakt is dumb.)
Funky40
I totally agree with the OP,
but do we really need a third DT thread ?
while the second one was kind of the same as this one IIRC...... hmmm.....

personally, i donĀ“t see any better sequenzer than the DT when it comes to control my modular.

DT vs. OT is imho kind of pointless,
as both machines can outperform the other big times. my opinion. ( former early OT adopter and power user( exept song mode))
none gives you the whole respectivly BIG deal.
some stuff here lies in small details btw.. for example when we speak about sequenzing over midi, but also "sample-play" control.

i hinted allready, let my say it open now: the shuttle control works also with the DT over USB. but its stll a beta.
mainly cause the endorphin programmer is working on some new features for the SC.
i just asked Os from expert sleepers if he could not share his experience (from making the FH-1 DT compatible) with the endorphin crew.
He VERY kindly did !!
( .......from there it comes that i have a test Beta in DT compatibility regards.works great ) JFYI and for your future plannings.
awesome experience !
Fentune
r3x wrote:
So - in my struggle to find the perfect sequencer setup, i ended up ordering a digitakt.

I know the inherent problems its supposed to have - no song mode, no midi patterns, etc.

BUT..

I am playing with this now, and from where im sitting, its:

8x audio tracks
8x midi tracks

and 16 patterns, globally for each individual track/midi.

THATS A TON OF SHIT.

And its really gorgeous to play on - im using this into a yarns -> euro and its just a dream come true.

Sure you cant bend and warp stuff in realtime like on octatrack, but its fast, easy, furious, and mothergoating glorious.

I will update this post if i run into any snaggles, but this by far, beats beatstep pro, ableton, push, metropolis, rene, pp+brains, maschine, and any other thing ive ever tried to sequence my eurorack with AND its a sampler, AND later this year it will support overbridge, meaning you hook it up to your DAW ( pref ableton for some reason ) and voila, everythings there ready to mix down.

So for those of you that havent been looking at this, i strongly urge you to go try it out - for me this is godsend.

Its super small, keys are a bit noise/clacky, but the feel of them are brilliant, and the whole interface just makes sense.

Now if only someone could explain to me why i should ditch yarns and go for the fh-1 with this, then im all ears; but note please, i do not want something complicated in my setup; the last time i went expert sleepers, i nearly quit making music - it became a chore.

That is all, have a nice weekend smile

The King? lol From where I'm standing, observing and listening- Digitakt is 'the peasant'.
stikygum
Has no one here tried the Synthstrom Deluge? d'oh! People really smoke the Elektron crack everywhere and don't realize there are even better products than what's being posted here. So here's the rundown:

https://synthstrom.com/product/deluge/

The Deluge already has CV and Gate outs with Clock In. You guys should check it out. Everything you guys mentioned the Digitakt is lacking, the Deluge has and is ingenious in it's implementation of them. That's great people like the Digitakt, but...

Deluge > Digitakt

SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6