MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Drone sound/noise compositions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Drone sound/noise compositions
SPUDBOY WILSON
Drones, I have been working with different combinations of gear.
Recent additions are the Moog CP 251 and the WMD Geiger Counter.
best described as fantasies of industrial work environments.

Layers of sound that shift and change "subtly" while other layers remain seemingly static. Aperiodic shifts of a signal or one part of a signal is changed some time in what might be a random or improvised manner. If there is a rhythm, it is generally from the drones shifting rather than a rhythm track
Is there a genre for these types of compositions?
once described as "the sound of industrial hell" and " Unrelenting". FUUUCCKKKK!!!
spbaker
this is a tough one to categorize without a sound sample, but there are whole genres and sub-genres of ambient/noise/drone - power electronics, power noise, dark ambient, blah blah blah- to cross over blackmetal-dubstep-grindcore-ambient
what you describe may certainly have a name- are you looking for other artists, labels or similar music?

give us some sound! SlayerBadger! w00t :-)
SPUDBOY WILSON
spbaker wrote:
this is a tough one to categorize without a sound sample, but there are whole genres and sub-genres of ambient/noise/drone - power electronics, power noise, dark ambient, blah blah blah- to cross over blackmetal-dubstep-grindcore-ambient
what you describe may certainly have a name- are you looking for other artists, labels or similar music?

give us some sound! SlayerBadger! w00t :-)

your response is appreciated, the list of genres clearly addresses my
question. If .....I ever posted what I've been doing I would have no idea what genre to put it in. Is sinfully fun a genre? How about toxicologically alienating Neo-Enoesgue ambient?

O.K. I'll whip up a batch of my home made chocolate chip/raspberry claymore cookies and put the address and title here.
thanks again. thumbs up
SPUDBOY WILSON
Here is a little some thing not to spicy not to chewy.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=8587585&q=hi &newref=1

Kyle Broflovski Eric Cartman Stan Marsh Kenny McCormick
don h
Really nice!
SPUDBOY WILSON
don h wrote:
Really nice!

thank you for your feed back.

O.K. the question, what flavor is it?
ambient industrial, Porky Pig am ah-am-am-m-m-m-ah-biah-bent?
di-ah-di-ah-dark ambient? INDUSTRIAL?
bryan
Nice drone. I dunno what to say about categories, though. Many working in this area tend to overlap different "genres" like noise, industrial/post-industrial and such.

I'm curious, why are you looking for a category? To find like-minded work or to be able to describe it to someone unfamiliar with it, or what?
neandrewthal
That link takes me to the soundclick main page waah
SPUDBOY WILSON
bryan wrote:
Nice drone. I dunno what to say about categories, though. Many working in this area tend to overlap different "genres" like noise, industrial/post-industrial and such.

I'm curious, why are you looking for a category? To find like-minded work or to be able to describe it to someone unfamiliar with it, or what?

yes that's it exactly. you hit the button right on the nose. BINGO
so that I may check out the work in this field and post in the proper forum genres.
SPUDBOY WILSON
neandrewthal wrote:
That link takes me to the soundclick main page waah

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=8587585&q=hi &newref=1

there this address has been tested , just click and flow daddio
bryan
SPUDBOY WILSON wrote:
bryan wrote:

yes that's it exactly. you hit the button right on the nose. BINGO
so that I may check out the work in this field and post in the proper forum genres.

How about some examples of others working in this vein? You may already know all these, but.. La Monte Young, Tony Conrad, Phill Niblock, Eliane Radigue, Charlemagne Palestine, Kevin Drumm (the Imperial Distortion 2CD), Maurizio Bianchi, older Rafael Toral (not the Space stuff), some Jim O'Rourke. I think Drone may be more of a genre now, but the peoples I listed would probably all get thrown into the 'experimental' musical ghetto. Also, since you like the blues and La Monte maybe you'd enjoy Earth - Earth 2.
neandrewthal
bryan wrote:
Earth - Earth 2.

SlayerBadger! But make sure to get the special low frequency version.
sandyb
neandrewthal wrote:
bryan wrote:
Earth - Earth 2.

we're not worthy
bryan
sandyb wrote:
neandrewthal wrote:
bryan wrote:
Earth - Earth 2.

we're not worthy

I love this forum.
Synth people are good people.
twisted Guinness ftw! w00t
SPUDBOY WILSON
every body hates on Big Joe Stalin ( his specialty was the blues )
but he had a Theremin that was given to Big Joe for letting him, Theremin out of a scientific labor camp on the outskirts of a small Siberian town

ah , yah ok.... seriously, i just don't get it I made that up meh

the idea that synth people are nice just made giggle and think about
an under ground society like thieves in law, except instead of thieves in law , it would modularists in law like vory v zakone all monies used to purchase gear must be acquired through crimes .
for information see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thief_in_law
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1