MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Big Moog Format Modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Big Moog Format Modular
coyoteous
As seen on facebook... is this yours?

Caption from Synth-Werk says 'Man Machine' and that user has SW (paraphrased from a quick read).

jdkee
Holey-moley.

I do like that MoogerFooger case tho.
kindredlost
Looks like he's rock'n the COTK pretty hard. Cool setup. The MatrixBrute fits in well with that too.

Either he has everything common'd or the pic is a good PR for knobbery versus reality. hihi

What's the red-buttoned cab in the upper right corner?
coyoteous
kindredlost: I think that's power... switched outlets plus maybe conditioning?

Check the higher res attachment, if you haven't (not great, but better)... I spotted COTK, Moon, a little dotcom and SSL that I remember.

Some of the Moogy modules seem to have a different logo... Moog, Mos-Lab, Synth-Werk?

I forgot the company that's made that gray sequencer for so long... SND, maybe?

Cool setup... all COTK cabs (thought most of those I'd seen had metal corners) or custom? Mix?

Anyway, up in the high count MU spaces, for sure... mine will be half that or less, but more compact than p-cabs, if and when.

Looks like he might be setting/patching up in the picture.

Who IS this Man Machine?

Added: and FSFX... the CP modules in the second from far right cab look like 3-space SW mixers with a 2-space Moon mult between.

More added: and GRP.
johny_gtr
How much fun will he have after adding some patches Miley Cyrus
coyoteous
There's actually quite a bit patched with dark cables in the center area, and probably plenty routed (or can be) without patching from that cab of mostly Moon 590... the COTK 15 isn't patched, but it has some normalization (CV/gate buses), I think.

Guessing the large cabs have Moon bus interconnections in the back... the little cabs indeed don't seem to be hooked up, unless the sequencers are bus routed.

Thinking that second from the right cab might be Synth-Werk with the 901s and again, how the mixers are (no expert on Moogy variants, though... other than my COTK section and looking at pictures).

I spy a couple 569s and a 568, and wonder what's in the far left cab... and maybe those little keyboards are Arturia Keysteps (or just little keyboards).

I dig it, but I'm a sucker for flush traditional Moog portable cabinets... it's gets a little weird for me with two of the little single row cabs on top of the center four, but everything grows a little weird when you push it beyond optimum (four of the dotcom style 2 X 8 Moogy cabs might look better... or not).

So, it's 22 X 8 full-height (176) + 6 X 8 CP (48) = 224 spaces? (I'm super bleary from insomnia and afraid if I jump to a calculator on this old tablet, I'll lose my post)... that's half or less of XL's, I think.

Has kind of a Roland 700 on steroids thing going on, too.
coyoteous
Knew I'd seen that second from the far right cab before:

Leverkusen
The system looks pretty nice! I just wonder where the speakers might be placed but the room looks like having terrible acoustics anyway - I don't understand how people use these great systems under such conditions. seriously, i just don't get it
Ockeghem
hyper Mr. Green
umma gumma
holy hell that is a lot of gear...
ericD13
Leverkusen wrote:
The system looks pretty nice! I just wonder where the speakers might be placed but the room looks like having terrible acoustics anyway - I don't understand how people use these great systems under such conditions. seriously, i just don't get it

I believe that this is an exhibition
Mark11Audio
Looking a little bit at this, the center cabinet where his hand his, and the next cabinet to his right look "identical" to the cabinets that Gert from Moon had at Superbooth this year... so I'm also in agreement that this "could" have been a display or synth gathering... or that guy has one heck of a nice modular! woah thumbs up

Mark11Audio
It seems that we all share similar ideas of layouts too... finally after 3 years of building , frustration, voltages, wiring, buying, selling, buying... with the exception of waiting for one more module... it is done!

I give you my modular nicknamed: "Apollo 11" and each set of cabinets are the astronauts... the left "sequencing wing" = "Aldrin" the middle cabinet of Oscillators and C/V Control = "Armstrong" and the right cabinet with Filters, E.G.'s and VCA's = "Collins" it's 97% all Moon, with [2] Filters from STG, and [1] Ratchet from COTK...

applause applause applause applause applause applause applause thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up applause applause applause applause applause SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

coyoteous
Mark11Audio: Fantastic! (great naming, too)

Also, good catch on the Moon display cabs likeness.

lol, I hadn't considered that might just be a guy that wandered up at a synth meet, etc.

We know yours is yours and who you are, though.
Mark11Audio
coyoteous wrote:
Mark11Audio: Fantastic! (great naming, too)

Also, good catch on the Moon display cabs likeness.

lol, I hadn't considered that might just be a guy that wandered up at a synth meet, etc.

We know yours is yours and who you are, though.

LOL, what gave it away... ??? seriously, i just don't get it lol lol lol lol lol
coyoteous
Mark11Audio:

lol, two four-letter words come to mind...

'Moon' and 'blue'

(guess 'Mark' makes three?).
Mark11Audio
coyoteous wrote:
Mark11Audio:

lol, two four-letter words come to mind...

'Moon' and 'blue'

(guess 'Mark' makes three?).

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi
KSS
"Houston. Tranquility base here. The Eagle has landed."

@Mark11Audio
Nice system! Great names.

Edit: Done? If that's Apollo 11.. Where's the LEM? hihi
Mark11Audio
KSS wrote:
"Houston. Tranquility base here. The Eagle has landed."

@Mark11Audio
Nice system! Great names.

Edit: Done? If that's Apollo 11.. Where's the LEM? hihi

Where's the L.E.M. you say ??? That would be my 4SP desktop unit for all of my MIDI stuff... LOL applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause it's not 100% done, waiting on the Moon 552 C/V to MIDI Module... d'oh! seriously, i just don't get it d'oh! seriously, i just don't get it d'oh! it's the little guy on top of the "Aldrin" cabs... Mr. Green

Firechild
Here is my modular wall.
I received a slightly modified System 55 from COTK which can be seen as the main cabinet and the cabinet on top of the main.
My first recording can be found below. Download for best sound quality.
Description in the Soundcloud info text. A multitrack demo will follow using only COTK modules but to my ears, wow, the sound is top notch!
[s]https://soundcloud.com/mrfirechild/club-of-the-knobs-system-55-904a -and-905a-test[/s]

https://soundcloud.com/mrfirechild/club-of-the-knobs-system-55-904a-an d-905a-test
newgreyarea
Feeling inadequate. Hah!
Dave Peck
Firechild wrote:
Here is my modular wall.

Holy crap, from the photo on your soundcloud page I see that in addition to your gorgeous modular, you have some great gear! And a tip of my hat, sir, from a fellow Chroma owner!
CZ Rider
Wow, 4 SEM's? Nice! thumbs up

My small Moog format modular has a similar configuration.

Just got my new studio room together. Painted the walls black and sanded and finished the wood floors along with dedicated AC power outlets. Now home for my small wall of Moog.
Pic of my initial setup with the unpatched Moog. (Black walls look cool in pic)

The vintage Moog has a build date of August 11,1969. Only 2 weeks after the moon landing and a few days before Woodstock. The two left bottom cabinets are the original Moogs with three DIY 8U cabinets on top housing a Dotcom 960 sequencer complement. The bottom right P cabinet a DIY project for expansion.

Pic of the whole wall including the vintage 1978 Aries in a custom DIY walnut cabinet. The original "grid" modular. (almost 5U). To the left a patched out vintage Minimoog with bottom row of MOTM modules in a custom walnut case. Sitting on a PS3100 with walnut case. The PS3100 Is a great modular expander.

Small desk sits across with another almost 5U Roland 100m.

Working on an SEM project myself. Figuring a super two voice patched out with a third SEM as a modulator/expander via ARP 2500 style matrix switch. The SEM SV filter is a direct descendant of the ARP 2500's 1047 filter by Dennis Colin.
Need to get busy with my projects. hihi
KSS
Mark11Audio wrote:
Where's the L.E.M. you say ??? That would be my 4SP desktop unit for all of my MIDI stuff... LOL

COLUMBIA (Collins): Houston, We have a problem, over.

CONTROL: Columbia, Houston, What's up Mike?,over.

COLUMBIA (Collins): Buzz and Neil can't fit in the LEM ! ,over.

CONTROL: Stand by. (muffled) I told you guys it was too small ! North
American should've never hired those German engineers!
They did just fine with the boosters for us. Sure, but that
Dieter guy at Rockwell likes things small!

COLUMBIA (Collins): Houston, Repeat please, did not understand, over.

CONTROL: Roger That, Mike. Stand by. (muffled) No, You tell 'em!
Dave Peck
That's some really choice kit, CZ!! Love that custom SEMx3 with the patch matrix!

A question about the Moog modular - what is the unlabeled custom module in the top center cabinet with all the jacks and large empty holes (second from the left, next to the Modcan quantizer)?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2