MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Gunship
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Gunship
geremyf
Hi,

So I bought this album when it came out and I thought it was good and liked it a lot but the vocals didn't click with me for some reason. There has been several retrowave releases since then. I recently listened to Gunship again (I think playing with my new Modal 001 has me on a bit of a synthwave kick) and HOLY COW IT'S A MASTERPIECE! I have been listening on repeat for days, noticing all the little touches in the songs. Almost all of them change considerably in the middle, either timing or key. I think before that annoyed me a bit but recently I love it and can't get enough. Anyway I did a search and didn't see it mentioned, but if you haven't heard it definitely check it out.
geremyf
They have some pretty cool music videos as well:

bhmcc
Agreed! Been hooked on this for about 6 months now. Can't wait for the new one!
ioos
The synths and beats are a lot of fun, but the signing really ruins it for me. Especially the male voice.

Any suggestions on similar synthwave artists without vocals?
bhmcc
You might try Code Elektro. The latest album "Wolf" is in a similar vein but instrumental.
ioos
Good suggestion! I like this much more.
geremyf
Gunship has a new video. It's a tribute to Stranger Things:

If you are looking for similar synthwave/retrowave without the lyrics, there is actually a lot to choose from:
Miami Nights 1984
Timecop 1983
MegaDrive
Atlas
geremyf
So it looks like they will drop the second album on Friday the 13th (July). I'm pretty excited.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1