MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EMS Synthi / AcidHouse track
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author EMS Synthi / AcidHouse track
dan_p
Had a Jam with my Synthi the other day.

"Honey Trapper" Played live with an LXR Drum machine. Synthi is triggered/Cv'd from a Korg SQ-1 via a brake out cable form the jones socket. Only one trigger/CV used. The patch is super simple (See pic) Manages to sound like a couple of different parts going at times but its just the one.
LXR goes through a couple of Meris pedals. Ottobit is a great pedal by the way, sounds lovely on all sorts of stuff and is really fun to tweak live.

I did some editing in post to add the Field recording. I'd recently done the field recording and had wanted to use some of it in a track. (Field recording posted below the track) The Filed recording itself is one of my favourite things that I've done, and I didn't have to play it!

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/338482824" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/328915614" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments= true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
schmuck
applause very cool track, really works well!

Also impressed you resisted the temptation to switch to a four-to-the-floor BD further in (i probably couldn't have haha) thumbs up
chamomileshark
really nice , that genre usually isn't my thing but thois sounds really good to me. Nice use of the field recordings too.
dan_p
chamomileshark wrote:
really nice , that genre usually isn't my thing but thois sounds really good to me. Nice use of the field recordings too.

Thanks very much Guinness ftw!

schmuck wrote:
applause very cool track, really works well!

Also impressed you resisted the temptation to switch to a four-to-the-floor BD further in (i probably couldn't have haha) thumbs up

Thanks!! Honestly, I thought about adding a strong 4 to the floor kick afterwards but just couldn't be arsed.
southphillysynths
firstly that drum machine sounds amazing! love the bit crushed sounds

and the synthi sounds great!

awesome tracks thanks for posting!
dan_p
Cheers!! Miley Cyrus

Yes indeed, the LXR is a great sounding drum machine, super sequencer on it as well. The bit crushing is mostly down to the Meris Ottobit jr pedal. Theres also a bit of morph action going on with the LXR too (Morph allows you to morph between 2 different sets of sounds, can sound really nice)

Synthi sounds great on anything, even the scratchy pots and mains hum sound good !!!
thumbs up

southphillysynths wrote:
firstly that drum machine sounds amazing! love the bit crushed sounds

and the synthi sounds great!

awesome tracks thanks for posting!
mach20
Oh this is really solid and enjoyable. Love the percussion sounds. we're not worthy
Zeno
Sounds great indeed!
dan_p
Hey thanks wigglers!!

Guinness ftw!
bwhittington
Great track, and the field recording is golden.
dan_p
Thanks Guinness ftw!

Gotta love those Bees

bwhittington wrote:
Great track, and the field recording is golden.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1