MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Future Sound Systems Gristleizer modules.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Future Sound Systems Gristleizer modules.
Avjr
I think i'll just leave this here...

https://www.gearnews.com/gristleizer-4-modules-emerge-sound-throbbing- gristle/

http://www.futuresoundsystems.co.uk/
L.C.O.
Intrigued.

TG has been one of my formative musical experiences, so...
MossGarden
Heard Chris Carter playing with these yesterday at the Leeds Modular Meet. Was really nasty, squelchy and awesome, TG in spades
zolar_czakl
w00t
TemplarK
MossGarden wrote:
Heard Chris Carter playing with these yesterday at the Leeds Modular Meet. Was really nasty, squelchy and awesome, TG in spades

Great day actually!
MossGarden
TemplarK wrote:
MossGarden wrote:

Great day actually!

Yeah, really enjoyed it. Instruo blew my mind with their new modules, their new quantizer is fantastic, and they probably have the sexiest random source i've come accross on the way!
Mefistophelees
Been following the development of this Gristleizer for some time.
It sounds pretty brutal!

https://www.facebook.com/FutureSoundSystems/videos/1387212471375218/
futuresoundsystems
Hey guys! Just chiming in here to say a big thanks! If anyone has any questions, please fire away smile We'll be updating the FSS website with more specs and demos, etc. over the coming weeks.
monoscan
This makes me wish I didn't buy that defective upon arrival unlicensed gristleizer a few years back.

Damnit, wanting these without money is tough
luketeaford
I am excited to hear more demos of these. I have 20hp set aside for a Maths, but this Oscillator/Filter might come first... for my taste, probably the strongest 45 second demo ever recorded! thumbs up
futuresoundsystems
Hi all!

I recorded a quick little demo of the modules working as a synth voice last night, enjoy!

Synthacon
Nasty nasty nasty eek!
natureclubcassettes
sounds nice, but honestly how is this any different than any of the vco/vcf/vca +modifiers and distortion modules already available? i mean other than having the TG lightning bolt...

don't mean to be a downer, just curious as a lifelong TG fan. feel like a DPO/Maths pretty much has this covered in spades.
futuresoundsystems
natureclubcassettes wrote:
sounds nice, but honestly how is this any different than any of the vco/vcf/vca +modifiers and distortion modules already available? i mean other than having the TG lightning bolt...

don't mean to be a downer, just curious as a lifelong TG fan. feel like a DPO/Maths pretty much has this covered in spades.

Ahhhh not being a downer at all! So, this perhaps isn't explained very well in the video at all, but the modules aren't really supposed to be used in a typical synth context, as used in that demo.

The Generator module is much more of an LFO rather than an audio VCO, as it's being used in the video above.
The Modulator VCA can do relatively clean VCA-ing, but can also be used as a distortion unit, particularly for tube-like 2nd-harmonic distortion.
The Filter is also pretty unique - I've never seen the topology that Roy's used in that module anywhere else.

However, the video above doesn't really show much of that off - we'll be uploading plenty more material between now and the release in November, including demos from Chris and myself. It's quite difficult to capture the essence of what these modules can do together - admittedly, it wasn't too long ago that I hooked them up together for the first time, and they're still giving me plenty of pleasant surprises. Any more questions, please feel free to ask here smile
luketeaford
@futuresoundsystems I'm mostly curious about the Filter. It would be great to hear it on low square waves, and I'm wondering more about the Register parameter. In my imagination at least, this is something that would sound super cool sequenced or with stepped random voltages.
futuresoundsystems
luketeaford wrote:
@futuresoundsystems I'm mostly curious about the Filter. It would be great to hear it on low square waves, and I'm wondering more about the Register parameter. In my imagination at least, this is something that would sound super cool sequenced or with stepped random voltages.

Your wish is my command wink

[s]https://soundcloud.com/futuresoundsystems/tg3-stepping-square[/s]
eatmykids
@futuresoundsystems the modules are named tg2 tg3 tg4 tg5,wording on your website says 'the individual modules'.will there be a stand alone unit call tg1?
luketeaford
futuresoundsystems wrote:

[s]https://soundcloud.com/futuresoundsystems/tg3-stepping-square[/s]

To be honest, I didn't think it would sound THAT cool! Thanks for that. thumbs up
futuresoundsystems
eatmykids wrote:
@futuresoundsystems the modules are named tg2 tg3 tg4 tg5,wording on your website says 'the individual modules'.will there be a stand alone unit call tg1?

All being well, yes. We haven't formally announced the TG1 yet as we're yet to get the details sorted, but we hopefully will be soon. Any users who have placed pre-orders for the entire set (TG2 through to TG5) will have the first opportunity to place an order for the TG1.

luketeaford wrote:

To be honest, I didn't think it would sound THAT cool! Thanks for that. thumbs up

Why thank you! It does acid squelches very easily, on top of all the TG-esque mayhem.
Mefistophelees
You should really get these up on Modular grid. I know at least one set up plan that will have them added Mr. Green
turin horsey
Mefistophelees wrote:
You should really get these up on Modular grid. I know at least one set up plan that will have them added Mr. Green

+1

LOVE the way these sound, so much character and grit, I'll have to change up the order of my new module purchases, so modular grid would be great when you get a chance.

Do you plan on having a North America distributor?
noisejockey
Mightily impressed.
futuresoundsystems
turin horsey wrote:
Mefistophelees wrote:

+1

LOVE the way these sound, so much character and grit, I'll have to change up the order of my new module purchases, so modular grid would be great when you get a chance.

Tah dah!

turin horsey wrote:

Yes. On top of Perfect Circuit Audio and Analogue Haven who we've dealt with in the past, Control have also gotten in touch to express their interest.
MARK27
Dammit. Will my wishlist never be satisfied?

Those demos are fabulous. I'm ready.

hyper
turin horsey
futuresoundsystems wrote:
turin horsey wrote:
Mefistophelees wrote:

+1

Tah dah!

turin horsey wrote:

Yes. On top of Perfect Circuit Audio and Analogue Haven who we've dealt with in the past, Control have also gotten in touch to express their interest.

Awesome, thank you!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2