MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plague Bearer Hi and Lo CV inputs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Plague Bearer Hi and Lo CV inputs
pugix
I just finished a pair of PB bare bone kits. (Will be posting photos and sound samples on my web site tomorrow.) My project uses 1/4-inch Switchcraft 112A jacks with the center switch lug. On inputs I typically run a jumper from ground to the switch, so that the input is grounded without a plug in the jack. But I did not do that for the CV inputs so I could see how it worked first.

When I plug into the HI or LO CV input and set the voltage to zero the sound definitely changes, and it seems like the pots don't have quite as much range.

So should those inputs be normally grounded or not? confused

P.S. I didn't have panel space for the Gain CV input. sad
flight
pugix wrote:
I just finished a pair of PB bare bone kits. (Will be posting photos and sound samples on my web site tomorrow.) My project uses 1/4-inch Switchcraft 112A jacks with the center switch lug. On inputs I typically run a jumper from ground to the switch, so that the input is grounded without a plug in the jack. But I did not do that for the CV inputs so I could see how it worked first.

When I plug into the HI or LO CV input and set the voltage to zero the sound definitely changes, and it seems like the pots don't have quite as much range.

So should those inputs be normally grounded or not? confused

They are not normally grounded. This is because of the multiples on the module; ground one and both are grounded. The output of the pots and the CV input are averaged instead of summed, which was done in the interests of keeping the price down on the PB module but also contributes to the character of the PB.
Quote:
P.S. I didn't have panel space for the Gain CV input. sad

Now that's just a sad thing. :(
pugix
I suspected as much. Thanks for the answer. I'm looking forward to giving these a workout! SlayerBadger!

Here's the project description:

http://pugix.com/synth/dual-plague-bearer/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1