MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Flying w/ skylab
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Flying w/ skylab
adneumann
Howdy.. Has anyone flown w/ a Skylab domestic (Delta)? Bringing mine as carry on, I hope...any experiences,good? or bad?

tanks, Andrew
vgermuse
adneumann wrote:
Howdy.. Has anyone flown w/ a Skylab domestic (Delta)? Bringing mine as carry on, I hope...any experiences,good? or bad?

tanks, Andrew

I've only flown with my Easel a bunch, no problem. I know that Morton Subotnick always travels with his Skylab and puts it in the overhead. I haven't heard of any problems.
rkilman
I've flown with a skylab as a carry on. No problems at all w00t
arpobermoog
I have flown many time with my Skylab. Just make sure you put it above your seat so you can watch what other passenger try to cram in around it.

TSA is a different story. Each airport have there own rules. So they might make you play it before taking it onboard a plane. I take a small powered speaker and leave it patched up so I can make sound quickly.

JFK in New York and small regional airports are really bad about about this.
emp
I have flown quite a lot with mine as well. Never had any problems.
anselmi
I have flown with the Skylab in different airlines, both internal and international travels without any problem. Always as a carry on and in the overhead

arpobermoog wrote:
TSA is a different story. Each airport have there own rules. So they might make you play it before taking it onboard a plane. I take a small powered speaker and leave it patched up so I can make sound quickly.

this would be fun lol

arpobermoog wrote:
JFK in New York and small regional airports are really bad about about this.

what do you mean? I never had any problem with mine at the JFK hmmm.....
sempervirent
If you're traveling within the US, in 2012 a regulation was implemented that basically requires airlines to accept musical instruments as carry-ons if there's space (i.e. they can't force you to check a fragile instrument into the baggage system, risking damage).

Might be worth printing a copy of this out and carrying it with you:
https://www.transportation.gov/briefing-room/us-department-transportat ion-issues-final-rule-regarding-air-travel-musical
PISS.EXE
if a tsa agent is giving you trouble giving him/her a print out of their policies is not gonna help you get through security faster d'oh! Just be compliant and let them do whatever they insist and let them know they're the authority in the matter and you'll be through fast as you can be.

Always have your instruments as carry ons and if you are worried about it then your flight attendants are the people who are gonna know where it can go and will put it there for you. Have been on planes with a guitar and they always know whats good
sempervirent
This regulation concerns DOT and the airlines, not TSA (which is part of DHS).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1