MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Multi Dimension by FEEDBACK - [IN STOCK]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Multi Dimension by FEEDBACK - [IN STOCK]
strat-1
AVAILABLE !!
www.feedbackmodules.com

MULTI DIMENSION is a very versatile chorus/flanger/short delay module, recreating some of the guitar pedal fx sounds from the 80s.
The module is based on MN3007 BBD chips.
With it's unique architecture you can obtain a lot of different setups and sounds.
You can even have different time speeds in L and R channels, controlled by FX L and FX R pots.
The big Knob from the middle bypass the time knobs, so you can have fx1-flanger1, fx2-flanger2, fx-dimension chorus, pot-your setup.
In this way you can switch fast to the sound you want, keeping also your time setup.
BBD switch alternates between 1xbbd or 2xbbds in series on the left channel, in this manner you will obtain a multitude of effects.
With 2xBBDs setup you will not have a proper stereo effect , the clock time will be different for L and R lines, so you can fast
switch to mono, routing the L channel to the R channel, without needing to rewire the module in the mixer.
BARE IN MIND : MN3007 DESIGNS ARE VERY NOSIY! Some noise will be always present, but this is a non problem considering the variety of sounds you can obtain.

There are 3 types of kit available on my website :

KIT1 : 2 x PCBs + Front Panel
KIT2 : 2 x PCBs + Front Panel, 2 x MN3101, 3 x MN3007, 5 x 2SK30A
KIT3 : 2 x PCBs + Front Panel, 2 x MN3101, 3 x MN3007, 5 x 2SK30A
6 x Minijack sockets, 1 x Lorlin CK1061 Switch, 1 x 10KB trimm pot, 2 x 100KB trimm pots, 1 x 500KB trimm pot
1 x 10KB 9mm pot, 1 x 50KB dual 9mm pot, 1 x 100KA 9mm pot, 2 x 500KB 9mm pots
5 X Cream Knobs 1900h type, 1 x Big Cream Knob 1510 type, 2 x 20 way header MALE, 2 x 14 way header FEMALE

UNFORTUNATELY THE ROMANIAN POSTAL SERVICE RAISED THE SHIPPING COSTS, THEREFORE I HAVE ONLY ONE SHIPPING OPTION: 15EUR PER PACKAGE WITH WEIGHT BETWEEN 1g TO 1kg. TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION BEFORE ORDERING.

Please listen the demos with care, sometimes only small changes happens when I switch between setups, but a good ear will hear the different flanger/chorus sound.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/strat1/dim-synth[/s]
[s]https://soundcloud.com/strat1/dim-drums[/s]
basicbasic
Goddamn. Cannot f'ing wait for this!
GryphonP3
Put me down for one pcb/panel set w chips please!
Swyndger
And another Feedback Module I have to build. Im in for one ... smile
Isaiah
Ace!
What are the PCB dimensions? The panel looks like it's 14HP...

Thank you for including mounting holes on the PCBs! thumbs up
Isaiah
Could you share a block diagram that shows the architecture, please?
stringsthings
Looks ( and sounds ) interesting!
Laughing
Nice work!

Dimension, hmm. Is this based in part on the BOSS dimension pedals? I'm making a homebaked Dim-C board right now, and I notice some familiar parts like the MN3007.
strat-1
Isaiah wrote:
Ace!
What are the PCB dimensions? The panel looks like it's 14HP...

Thank you for including mounting holes on the PCBs! thumbs up

Yes the panel is 14HP, I modified the main post with the panel size.
The pcbs are : 106.68mm/70.4mm

I attached a block diagram, I will draw a proper one in software for the manual.
The switches are not simple switches, they are 2SK30A transistors.
I didn't put the same 2xbbd design on R channel because you can't achieve a proper stereo effect with four BBDs, also to do that all the module will grow exponentially in size.
The idea was to have a nice stereo flanger/chorus, or you can switch to mono short doubler or crazy flanger with feedback.
Of course you can leave the fx in stereo mode with two bbds on one channel and one on one channel and the result is crazy stereo mode.

strat-1
Laughing wrote:
Nice work!

Dimension, hmm. Is this based in part on the BOSS dimension pedals? I'm making a homebaked Dim-C board right now, and I notice some familiar parts like the MN3007.

It's inspired by many padals, all of them have almost the same design.
I studied the clock time required for various effects, and I chose some fixed time for flanger1, flanger2, chorus (classic setups)
With manual clock FX L, FX R you can recreate almost any pedal sound with MN3007 from the era. (I'm exaggerating probably, but I'm very happy with the result)
tobb
nice razz
prosperity
Do you already have a price in mind for kits?
kevin0
You don't plan on selling kits without panels by any chance?
strat-1
kevin0 wrote:

No, you buy the project, not the panel. Consider something like the panel is a bonus.
I'm investing a lot of time in making the pcbs, manual, gather the parts,test them etc.
strat-1
prosperity wrote:
Do you already have a price in mind for kits?

The pcb/panel set will be something like 30eur/35eur. Even if it's similar in size with other projects, the price is dictated by complexity of the pcb.

3xMN3007,2XMN3101 set will be around 25EUR, so the kit with chips will be around 55EUR.
This are old tested MN3007 working at 12V, not the V3207 variant working at 5V.
kevin0
strat-1 wrote:
kevin0 wrote:

No, you buy the project, not the panel. Consider something like the panel is a bonus.
I'm investing a lot of time in making the pcbs, manual, gather the parts,test them etc.

100% understandable. Looking forward to this smile
secrethero303
Looks good. When are you expecting to have this one released for sale?
strat-1
secrethero303 wrote:
Looks good. When are you expecting to have this one released for sale?

2weeks if everything is working ok at final lot test.
fuzzbass
Interested! Will look great next to my Feedback 106 Chorus.
paulstone
i want it thumbs up
oberkorn
you are on a roll! put me down for one of these also (besides the 1bit delay)
rithma
+1 please! You ars killing the game right now strat.
m0d01
To this I say fuck yes.

I'm all over it. Two sets with everything for me.
m0d01
To this I say fuck yes.

I'm all over it. Two sets with everything for me.
Isaiah
strat-1
Do any of the modes allow the BBD lines to be modulated inversely?
To clarify, I mean one BBD would be modulated by the LFO output and the other would be modulated by the inverted LFO output.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4