MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hallelujah - this just saved my Q107 from BST.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Hallelujah - this just saved my Q107 from BST.
MindMachine
This may be old news but a MW search yielded zilch.

https://www.synthesizers.com/q107ack.html

Nice!
ba1
There was a thread. Not sure what the title was.

I love my Q107A! In the process of switching panels I realized that one of the white connectors on the pcb wasn't fully seated. It's slimmer and sounding much better now. There was very little resonance before.

This made room for a Happy Nerding Fun VCF. I used to have one, but I stupidly sold it. Live and learn.
ba1
Here it is:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=181472&highlight=
coyoteous
ba1 wrote:

I love my Q107A! In the process of switching panels I realized that one of the white connectors on the pcb wasn't fully seated. It's slimmer and sounding much better now. There was very little resonance before.

This made room for a Happy Nerding Fun VCF. I used to have one, but I stupidly sold it. Live and learn.

Sorry, BA... I smartly bought it (if I ever sell, I'll give you first shot for what I paid?).
ba1
coyoteous wrote:
ba1 wrote:

Sorry, BA... I smartly bought it (if I ever sell, I'll give you first shot for what I paid?).

Thanks! No worries! I just got a new one two days ago. hihi
alternating.bit
"BST"??
Eric the Red
Buy / Sell / Trade.

Or Buffalo's Solving Tyranny.
kindredlost
I love the idea of this as a space saving feature. Very thoughtful of Roger to make this happen for those with the desire for a compact setup at the expense of a few key features.

...but, as always there are those like me who can find something to complain about. razz

I actually use the Notch output quite a bit. The filter has a very distinct or useful cutoff slope before adding emphasis (resonance) so the Notch on this works well in my opinion. I even like it better than the S.E.M. filter for some notch duties. I would sorely miss the notch output.

I also really, really liked the mixer aspect of the dual inputs. It saves a mixer and in my setup my mixers are about 50% used for modulation control as much as audio.

Has anyone found a place to add the high res mod switch to this? Seems pretty tight. That modification opens up the filter to aspects that are unique I think.

The smaller knobs on the Freq Mod input would drive me insane. I have a hard enough time setting the input exactly right as it is on the original panel. It seems very touchy at the lower range (around zero) and sometimes I have to dial down the amplitude of a modifier before it hits the Q107. The size difference of the knobs aren't that much but I could see me standing there for a minute or so tweaking endlessly.

All these things make the compact version a bit unappealing for me. I truly adore the spacious layout of Roger's original designs. I have come to a place where I am at peace with large format modular and it's demand for space. I had to reduce the amount of my setup a few weeks ago to have room for a keyboard rack in this tiny studio room but otherwise I was okay with the monster size aspect. This module rework is a great idea if the aspects I outlined weren't important for the user of the Q107 or it was the filter of choice in your portable cab.

To each, his own. Guinness ftw!
alternating.bit
^ a very refreshing and well thought out response to the Dotcom packing features in smaller spaces trend. Of course business dictates demand / sales needs, plus the fact that you still have an option to buy either one is great and let's hope it stays that way.
As for me, my Q107 is 3U wide because I have the filter mixer attached to it lol Indeed to each his own.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1