MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Lowpass gate
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author Lowpass gate
metasonix
Just tube and vactrols, no chips or transistors etc. Can't make it any smoother. Also consumes only 100 mA. Uses a "high-perveance" dissimilar dual triode intended for TV tuners so it gives good performance on low plate voltage.

This is a prototype, the final version will be a dual. Video by Mike Weeks. Give us a couple of months to finish some production units--still don't have front panels yet.
depth20
Yes!! thumbs up Rockin' Banana!
jsheaucsb
Sold!
snakejaw
I'm not familiar with lowpass gates. What should I be listening for or noticing?
Navs
LPG's are a combination of VCA and LPF, traditionally using vactrols. People like LPGs for their soft response and way they ring out. You can open a LPG with a short trigger and the volume & brightness will decay exponentially. You don't need an additional envelope to get a nice, plucked sound. The video is not informative as the envelope used is too long and the sequence too fast to be able to judge this characteristic.
snakejaw
Thanks much for the explanation, Navs.
numan7
Navs wrote:
You can open a LPG with a short trigger and the volume & brightness will decay exponentially. You don't need an additional envelope to get a nice, plucked sound. The video is not informative as the envelope used is too long and the sequence too fast to be able to judge this characteristic.

I agree! may we hear a trigger-strikes-only (i.e. no-envelope-or-lfo-modules-involved) demo, please?

cheers
metasonix
numan7 wrote:
I agree! may we hear a trigger-strikes-only (i.e. no-envelope-or-lfo-modules-involved) demo, please?

More videos are forthcoming, sooooon. I hope.
snakejaw
Great! Looking forward.
metasonix
New video posted on FB

https://www.facebook.com/metasonixofficial/videos/10155754202340127/
snakejaw
Wow! Now I can hear it! Very interesting.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1