MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Template Issues
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Template Issues
neilmcm1975
Hi I am trying to create a template for my expert sleepers setup , I had a ES3 ,ES5 , ES6 , ESX8GT and a EX8CV .
The ES3 , ES5 and ES 6 are no problem but I want to use the 8GT to control a drum rack and the 8cv to control 2 to 3 voice controllers .
I have copied Sinamsis template where he use a es40 but tried to replicate it but can't get the drum rack working or the voice controllers . here is the .als .
thanks
os
Not seeing an attachment.
neilmcm1975
trying to upload it
neilmcm1975
how do you attach a .als file
os
You have to zip it first.
neilmcm1975
file attached
os
In the first ES-5 Controller on the 'out to ES5' channel, you have Gates 1 enabled and also MIDI Out set to Omni. You probably don't want both. Are you trying to send analogue triggers or MIDI?

If you want analogue triggers from the drum rack you need to change the '1 Base' setting to a lower value, 36 say.

In your ESX-8CV Combiner you want Thru set to 1/2.
neilmcm1975
I am looking for analogue triggers on the drum rack and to controller 2 or 3 voice controllers.
neilmcm1975
OS I have change the settings to this but getting gates from the drum rack on the es5 but want them from ESXGT8 should the ESXCV8 be fully lit all the time.
os
Which ES-5 header is the ESX-8GT connected to?
neilmcm1975
its on header 3
os
Then you want 3 Chan and 3 Base rather than 1 Chan and 1 Base.
neilmcm1975
what should the gate output be set at I have it at 124 ?
What should the settings for the 8cv be ? its on header 2 ?
os
Quote:
what should the gate output be set at I have it at 124 ?

That should be at zero.

Quote:
What should the settings for the 8cv be ? its on header 2 ?

Default settings apart from changing Hardware to ES-5 and Channel to 2.
neilmcm1975
thanks os will try this later , on track I have the voice controllers how should they be routed to the 8CV ?
neilmcm1975
Hi os I had the drum rack working when the output was 124 but when its 0 it doesnt play the 8gt .

The 8cv I am not getting any pitch change from the voice controller. here are a couple of pics
os
The whole Live set would be easier to debug.
neilmcm1975
thanks os sorry for being a pain here is the template
os
I think your 8GT drums are falling foul of this: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2184619#2184619

The easiest workaround is to use AUs exclusively, not VSTs.

Your Voice Controllers are in ESX-8CV mode. That should be 'None'.
neilmcm1975
Cheers os will try this later .
neilmcm1975
Hi os changed everything to au units , I have changed the voice controllers and they are working , how do I route each voice to a different output on the 8cv , say one voice comes from output 1 2 3 and another from 456 and one from 78 .
The drum rack is still being a pain though .
here is the .als its the EXSV2 Group.
os
The ES-5 Controller is still a VST in that version.

If you want to make use of all 8 outputs of the 8CV you need to move the Combiner first, since Live has a weird restriction that prevents access to more than 8 plug-in inputs. So you need to move it to the front of the chain, and set Thru to Off, and then use inputs 1-8 for outputs 1-8.
neilmcm1975
Hi Os so I need the combiner the es5 controller then sync all audio units on a audio track
os
Yes.
neilmcm1975
Hi Os heres the latest .als , this has got me banging my head sorry for being a pain
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3