MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Best 2hp module?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Best 2hp module?
porphyrion
Upcoming Shakmat SumDif seems like a great idea as well- Dual Adder / Differentiator in 2hp.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/shakmat-modular-sumdif

2hp Verb has proven useful here as well. Would love a Comb-
16osc
PhineasFreak wrote:

i use a 2hp clock div to get chords out of a doepfer upvco - real good with bbd and lpf for techy dub chords...

Can you explain to me what you mean? How the clock divider is helping with chords?
PhineasFreak
16osc wrote:
PhineasFreak wrote:

i use a 2hp clock div to get chords out of a doepfer upvco - real good with bbd and lpf for techy dub chords...

Can you explain to me what you mean? How the clock divider is helping with chords?

clock div at audio rate produces dif notes

the 2hp clock div gies 2 outputs from 1 in - therefore you can get the root [original input] plus multiples or div'd notes to give other notes making up chords
magneteyez
I love the pluck for it’s organische sounds. Lovely tones coming out of 2hp...
Yodhan
I like my TM. I use it to send repeated CV to a filter or something so it makes some movement on a sequence.
toxoplasma_gondii
Mannequins W/
myfinekilt
toxoplasma_gondii wrote:
Mannequins W/

+1. I love my mannequins. so much. usually when its working.
MindMachine
COMB and/or FREEZE are my favorite(s) after a while I suppose.

I own Red Panda Particle pedals for the Freeze effect, but the cv nature of the 2HP is nicer for more moving applications. The COMB is just a grat sounding module. For drums, processed sources, vocal loops/samples and some pure electronic tones.

As mentioned in the 2HP thread, currently own: COMB, TM, ARP, LFOv2, TRIM, FREEZE.

Look forward to all four of their new ones (leaning heavy toward GRAIN).

Might be my favorite maker in Euro over the last 2 years or so.
Heliophile
From the brand 2hp, the Verb and Rout would come high on my list.
Some of the 2hp-sized favourites in my rack are from other companies though; Shakmat HiPass, Intellijel Quad Invert and Zlob Push VCA.
Placid Mouse
I have a shakmat hi-pass and if gets constant use. It has 2 x 100 hz fixed hi-pass and 2 x 30 hz. Great for cleaning up your final mix or some individual voices, especially great for live situations.
wm.wragg
I’ve been loving my 2hp Delay. Originally I was a little disappointed, as the headroom seems pretty small, so quickly distorts with normal input levels and moderate settings. After using it for a while I decided to think of it as a Delay/Distortion module, and grew to love it. I can get some great distortion and delay sounds out of it, and now I’ve been using it for a while I know how to get nice clean delays out of it too.
bkbirge
DIV is insanely useful, one of the few modules that took my system to another level, much more fun than a static clock divider, dual outs, the CV control, and small form factor are a winning combination. I also like BRST. The upcoming BELL is looking good too though I'd like it better if it could pitch down into giant church bell or gong territory. I also own their CLK module and use it for the intended purpose as a master clock, the start/stop button is really nice to have and I like not needing to burn an lfo for clock duties.

Also hard to beat intellijel's unity mixer and buff mult.

But out of all of those if I could keep just one it would be DIV for sure.
FarmerPhilip
Cat, because: Cat!!!

Actually my favorite is S&H - I have two of them. Simple, no frills, does what it should and since there aren't any knobs at all it's perfect for the small format! You can stack them next to each other and it doesn't matter!
adaris
I don't think anyone's mentioned Division 6 yet, but their VM Volt Meter and Multiplicity VI Midnight Buffered Mult are both quality, useful modules in 2 HP.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2