MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Best 2hp module?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Best 2hp module?
pseudopatch
hey everyone... there are just so many 2hp modules now. and i find have that 2hp blank space in my system... i've saved up some $$ and want to fill that little space. i don't need a mixer, filter, voice or anything like that... i have a maths + a little nerd. so what do you think it is best/most original interesting 2hp module? do they have a 2hp sampler yet? or is there a really interesting effect or strange/useful tool?

thanks for your thots zombie
wsy
Get a used EON and install the hack QAO firmware (it's got an Atmega 328 inside, same as an Arduino!)

Full disclosure: I wrote the QAO code. But I'm not proud. :-)

- Bill
moremagic
the 2HP Freez looks really cool and is kinda a sampler i guess
MindMachine
^ thumbs up I have the 2HP TM and it is pretty cool. I think their delay seems decent too.

Do you need a multiple? Plenty of 2HP options there, but not much fun factor.
starthief
Freez is pretty great IMHO.

I find the original unhacked EON pretty useful (there's always room for a square VCO to drive a clock divider or PLL or sync or something).

You could buy my 2hp LFO before I decide to pop it back in the rack. hihi

Zlob Dual VCA is the most VCAs you can fit into the least space, and quite good if basic. DPLPG is also a good choice.
gruebleengourd
I have 3 dplpg I would buy more if I had 2 hp to spare.

With 2 hp modules you really want something that on has jacks and no pots to set. It's really too small to wiggle if there is anything on the modules next to it.
savethisrocketship
Lots of useful utility modules in 2hp - it's kind of overpriced but I really like the Studio Electronics Router - it's just two manual switches for routing 1 signal to two possibly destinations (or muted). Super useful for signal routing on the fly.

Also a big fan of the 2HP BRST - great for percussive/glitchy stuff, but could also be useful for lots of other things.

Before 2hp most modules that size were 'utility' things, now there's a ton of options in that size, it's pretty impressive. I don't love wiggling those little pots, but there's a lot of potential for filling in 'leftover' space!
uniquepersonno2
The 2hp Comb is pretty awesome grin
Yes Powder
Meng Qi Dual LPG
lisa
I'm filling my last 2 hp with the 2hp Comb. Karplus-Strong, glitching and fattening in one small unit. Ok price too.
turin horsey
For pot wiggling and button smashing (really fun with brst and freeze), where you place 2hp in your system is pretty essential, I keep mine on the edges of my mantis case for easy access.
Blairio
How about a 2hp Buffered Mult? It is indispensable when trying to keep multiple VCOs in tune. My Intellijel one gets constant use.

Or a 2hp unity gain mixer?

Or (as has already been suggested) a Qu-Bit Eon. To extract a VCO, LFO, envelope generator (including looping envelope generator), noise source, trigger burst and more from 2hp is nothing short of remarkable - especially since all the modes are useable, and none of them 'token'.
PhineasFreak
i have a 2hp filt that is perma patched to my doepfer bbd - the notch is ideal fo removing clock noise and the lp for tweaking k-s feedback loop.

i use a 2hp clock div to get chords out of a doepfer upvco - real good with bbd and lpf for techy dub chords...
Blairio
PhineasFreak wrote:
i have a 2hp filt that is perma patched to my doepfer bbd - the notch is ideal fo removing clock noise and the lp for tweaking k-s feedback loop..

Hi which 2HP filter model do you use for this? I have a 1024 stage Doepfer BBD, and I could definitely use one of these filters.

Thanks,

Blairio
PhineasFreak
Blairio wrote:
PhineasFreak wrote:
i have a 2hp filt that is perma patched to my doepfer bbd - the notch is ideal fo removing clock noise and the lp for tweaking k-s feedback loop..

Hi which 2HP filter model do you use for this? I have a 1024 stage Doepfer BBD, and I could definitely use one of these filters.

Thanks,

Blairio

2hp fltr - its a multimode analogue vcf

i use it with a 4096 stage so should be fine for a 1024
Neo
2hp verb is a surprisingly good stereo reverb
Bachelard
+1 on the 2hp Verb, sounds surprisingly good as Neo mentioned, and stereo i/o - feedback patches! The 2hp Delay is fantastic too. Really great self-osc feedback on that as well, but not stereo.
rew_
the TM/Quantizer combo is an amazing way to sneak that functionality into a small system
ilovefrog
2hp TM has become a huge part of my setup. I have four of them. I'm also loving the 2hp Verb (I have three of those).
risome
systems always need Buff Mult Miley Cyrus
Chopper
2hp verb
reverbs being something i tend to ''set and forget'', the small form factor is a plus for me in that case (not a fan of massive waste of HPs, but not a fan of cramped setups either).

plus it actually sounds pretty good!
Foghorn
gruebleengourd wrote:
-SNIP-
With 2 hp modules you really want something that on has jacks and no pots to set. It's really too small to wiggle if there is anything on the modules next to it.

I disagree.
Straws from almost any place that sells milkshakes.
Cut them off with scissors about 100 mm long.
They stick right on the pots and stick out through the jumble of wires that hangs out near the surface.

That said, the TM is pretty cool and though most would use it to make a melody, I think it makes cool modulation.

Foghorn
pilp
Freez +1
starthief
risome wrote:
systems always need Buff Mult Miley Cyrus

Depends on your pitch source. I can passive mult my CV.OCD to two VCOs and still track just fine, and three with just a bit less range/accuracy.
ethnotronics
How would be the Filt for drum post-processing?
porphyrion
Upcoming Shakmat SumDif seems like a great idea as well- Dual Adder / Differentiator in 2hp.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/shakmat-modular-sumdif

2hp Verb has proven useful here as well. Would love a Comb-
16osc
PhineasFreak wrote:

i use a 2hp clock div to get chords out of a doepfer upvco - real good with bbd and lpf for techy dub chords...

Can you explain to me what you mean? How the clock divider is helping with chords?
PhineasFreak
16osc wrote:
PhineasFreak wrote:

Can you explain to me what you mean? How the clock divider is helping with chords?

clock div at audio rate produces dif notes

the 2hp clock div gies 2 outputs from 1 in - therefore you can get the root [original input] plus multiples or div'd notes to give other notes making up chords
magneteyez
I love the pluck for it’s organische sounds. Lovely tones coming out of 2hp...
Yodhan
I like my TM. I use it to send repeated CV to a filter or something so it makes some movement on a sequence.
toxoplasma_gondii
Mannequins W/
myfinekilt
toxoplasma_gondii wrote:
Mannequins W/

+1. I love my mannequins. so much. usually when its working.
MindMachine
COMB and/or FREEZE are my favorite(s) after a while I suppose.

I own Red Panda Particle pedals for the Freeze effect, but the cv nature of the 2HP is nicer for more moving applications. The COMB is just a grat sounding module. For drums, processed sources, vocal loops/samples and some pure electronic tones.

As mentioned in the 2HP thread, currently own: COMB, TM, ARP, LFOv2, TRIM, FREEZE.

Look forward to all four of their new ones (leaning heavy toward GRAIN).

Might be my favorite maker in Euro over the last 2 years or so.
Heliophile
From the brand 2hp, the Verb and Rout would come high on my list.
Some of the 2hp-sized favourites in my rack are from other companies though; Shakmat HiPass, Intellijel Quad Invert and Zlob Push VCA.
Placid Mouse
I have a shakmat hi-pass and if gets constant use. It has 2 x 100 hz fixed hi-pass and 2 x 30 hz. Great for cleaning up your final mix or some individual voices, especially great for live situations.
wm.wragg
I’ve been loving my 2hp Delay. Originally I was a little disappointed, as the headroom seems pretty small, so quickly distorts with normal input levels and moderate settings. After using it for a while I decided to think of it as a Delay/Distortion module, and grew to love it. I can get some great distortion and delay sounds out of it, and now I’ve been using it for a while I know how to get nice clean delays out of it too.
bkbirge
DIV is insanely useful, one of the few modules that took my system to another level, much more fun than a static clock divider, dual outs, the CV control, and small form factor are a winning combination. I also like BRST. The upcoming BELL is looking good too though I'd like it better if it could pitch down into giant church bell or gong territory. I also own their CLK module and use it for the intended purpose as a master clock, the start/stop button is really nice to have and I like not needing to burn an lfo for clock duties.

Also hard to beat intellijel's unity mixer and buff mult.

But out of all of those if I could keep just one it would be DIV for sure.
FarmerPhilip
Cat, because: Cat!!!

Actually my favorite is S&H - I have two of them. Simple, no frills, does what it should and since there aren't any knobs at all it's perfect for the small format! You can stack them next to each other and it doesn't matter!
adaris
I don't think anyone's mentioned Division 6 yet, but their VM Volt Meter and Multiplicity VI Midnight Buffered Mult are both quality, useful modules in 2 HP.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 2