MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

any Cubase users here? (midi input channel filtering)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author any Cubase users here? (midi input channel filtering)
Nelson Baboon
this only applies to Pro and Artist, I think.

I'm trying to use the input transformer to filter out all but a single midi channel. I cannot get it to work at all. I can choose the channel equal or unequal to channel 3, but whichever I choose, all midi channels get through.

I"m sure it's something basic, but I have not yet discovered the trick. The manual seems to be pretty sparse (of course, it's over 1,000 pages, and maybe I haven't found the right section yet - but looked in the midi transfermer section).

this is silly. It MUST be really easy. What am I missing?
Scot Solida
Hey! I think this might answer your question, if I am understanding you correctly. They don't make it obvious, do they? It stumped me too when I first tried to use an external sequencer to drive connected MIDI gear. It's easier to show than to explain, so I made a quick video of how it works in Cubase Pro. Not sure it's the same in Artist? No narration, but it's pretty easy to see how to do it. Don't forget to activate the module.

Nelson Baboon
Scot Solida wrote:
Hey! I think this might answer your question, if I am understanding you correctly. They don't make it obvious, do they? It stumped me too when I first tried to use an external sequencer to drive connected MIDI gear. It's easier to show than to explain, so I made a quick video of how it works in Cubase Pro. Not sure it's the same in Artist? No narration, but it's pretty easy to see how to do it. Don't forget to activate the module.

oHHHHHHH.....ok. think I have it now. I'll try it in a little while. (i didn't get the 'module' part at all)
Nelson Baboon
and of course, that works. I didn't even see the checkbox next to the modules....
Scot Solida
Yeah, like I said - they don't make it at all obvious! (I missed that too at first - frustrated me for quite a while)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1