MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

too cool and then a bit silly + guess what synth i used
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author too cool and then a bit silly + guess what synth i used
lisa
I created this beat that felt so cool that I got embarrassed by it. Like wearing sunglasses indoors. I countered it with a slightly silly, poorly performed, melody that came to me in the moment. Aah. w00t

[s]https://soundcloud.com/verklighetensfolk/crying-norma[/s]

Also, guess what's making all the sounds except for the drums (TR-8) and the raspy, rhythmic noise that enters at 1.30 (Microgranny). It's one multitracked, hardware synthesizer. I've added effects (reverb, compressor, EQ) in the mixing process.
BenA718
Heh, that's pretty crazy. Like it!
BenA718
Wrong thread. Doh!!
lisa
BenA718 wrote:
Heh, that's pretty crazy. Like it!

Thanks! smokin'

Clue to which synth I used #2: It has three oscillators, two filters, pre and post filter mixer, two LFOs plus sample and hold.
numan7
matrixbrute (although it's more like two-and-a-half VCOs + two-and-a-half LFOs with that one)?

cheers
lisa
numan7 wrote:
matrixbrute (although it's more like two-and-a-half VCOs + two-and-a-half LFOs with that one)?

Good guess but no. screaming goo yo There are polyphonic sounds in this track that you couldn't do with the Matrixbrute.

Clue #3: It's 8 voices polyphonic.
lisa
Clue #4: Ringmod, FM, sync, a flexible arpeggiator and a powerful modulation matrix.
induktor
lisa wrote:
I created this beat that felt so cool that I got embarrassed by it. Like wearing sunglasses indoors. I countered it with a slightly silly, poorly performed, melody that came to me in the moment. Aah. w00t

[s]https://soundcloud.com/verklighetensfolk/crying-norma[/s]

Also, guess what's making all the sounds except for the drums (TR-8) and the raspy, rhythmic noise that enters at 1.30 (Microgranny). It's one multitracked, hardware synthesizer. I've added effects (reverb, compressor, EQ) in the mixing process.

Cool track. cool
lisa
induktor wrote:

Cool track. cool

Thanks! love
wloo
This sounds somehow special, I really like it! smile
lisa
wloo wrote:
This sounds somehow special, I really like it! smile

Thank you! It's peanut butter jelly time!
ObfuscatedVisuals
The melody reminds me a bit of Aphex Twin Miley Cyrus
chilllwinston
Digging this! No idea about which synth was used though. I wanted to say Parva, but I am not sure if it has all of those features or not.

Cool track either way!
thumbs up
lisa
ObfuscatedVisuals wrote:
The melody reminds me a bit of Aphex Twin Miley Cyrus

Thanks! oops

chilllwinston wrote:
Digging this! No idea about which synth was used though. I wanted to say Parva, but I am not sure if it has all of those features or not.

Thank you! This is fun! It's not the Parva. Good guess, though.

Final clue: It has a keyboard, one pitch wheel and two modulation wheels. It has three envelopes with sustain level and length. It has an effect unit.
What is this monster I'm describing?
gummyboy
nice tune!!!

no idea about the synth...
tonymasiello
Nice!
andrewhuang
i won't have a chance in your guessing game but the beat's nice and fuzzy mmmm
cynical
cool!
lisa
Thanks y'all! Sun
lisa
And now, the thrilling conclusion to the exciting guess game. The answer you've all been waiting for:

Yes, it was the Alesis Ion all along. One of the best synths ever made, imho.
phineas
Sorry, I'm late for the party - and for the quiz...

Just wanted to say that I liked your track. thumbs up
lisa
phineas wrote:

Just wanted to say that I liked your track.

Thanks a bunch! Chugging Beers
joebauer
SlayerBadger!
lisa
joebauer wrote:
SlayerBadger!

Miley Cyrus
neuroportal
This is great.

I have a bose sounddock thing in my office . The computer is using that for sound and that bass line is literally causing all sorts of things to rattle.

The lovechild of Bently Rhythm Ace and Boards of Canada.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2