MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

my entire show from this weekend - modular content
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author my entire show from this weekend - modular content

suitandtieguy

the link is:

http://soundcloud.com/suitandtieguy/lessons-of-darkness/

i brought out this stuff. sub Akai AX-80 for FIZZMO:

i used the Archangel as, believe it or not, a quantiser for my modular. i used the Voltage and Trigger Mini-Stores because i'm more familiar with them, but i wanted to use the Archangel too, so i just ran my voltage sequence through it via the Quantiser Add input. it worked like a champ. i used the Micromoog to transpose my sequences.

the Time Divider was clocking the arpeggiator in the Juno-6.

the sequences in the "Rubycon" section were from the x0xb0x, controlling the modular.

Babaluma

cool, dling now and will stick it on my ipod and listen soon. the description you give makes it sound really good! just listened to rubycon again yesterday.

dude

tons of john carpenter in there!

bwhittington

Listening to it now. Sounds awesome, Eric!

Cheers,
Brian

essex sound lab

Oooo...neat. Can't wait to check it out.

bwhittington

I wish we lived in a world where people would sit in concert halls to enjoy music like this. Loved the 20-minute ambient coda.

Cheers,
Brian

dude

indeed

essex sound lab

Downloaded it to my Apple TV and am listening to it on the Gallos as we speak.

I see on FB that I was beat to the punch on the "Fripp" comment. That bit of Radiophonics slays me. I saw him do it live at the time, and that wall of sound slamming back and forth across the stage went straight into my bloodstream. Yours too, I guess.

Wow.

woah

haricots

downloading now! can't wait to listen. i've enjoyed your TD and Hawkwind stuff on your Myspace page. smile

neandrewthal

Awesome screaming goo yo

How did you make those "one of these days" organ stabs in the latter third?

kidtesla

Definitely hardcore Ambient Hoover Hardbag!! thumbs up

suitandtieguy

thanks for listening, guys. i wish you could have been there.

neandrewthal wrote:

that's actually a _reconstruction_ of a certain element of the piece which i'm kind of "covering" there, "Rubycon Part 1" by Tangerine Dream.

Rubycon side one has 2 CP-80 piano tracks. one of them goes forwards and is running through a Leslie cabinet on fast, and the other is going backwards and is direct. there is a combination of playing keys and strumming the piano strings on both tracks, except for a few points where _that_ happens. the first is at 10 minutes 30 seconds in the original recording.

six or so years ago, i reconstructed that stab for a Numerology demo where i reconstructed the sequencer part in the piece. i used a factory piano sample from my S5000 and a Leslie 31H driven by my Hammond C2.

now that i've played it at two shows i'd like to work a bit more on it ... develop it a bit more. i've got every permutation of Franke's 960 line programmed into the x0xb0x, i'd like to spend some more time on the piano parts and get the structure down better to match the flow of the original.

Babaluma

wow! didn't know all those details about "rubycon". i just started trying to re-create some of the sequences on my mobius the other day. i love the backwards piano sound in part 1. i once read that there is very little over 4kHz on the whole album. it's a classic though!

suitandtieguy

remember it was done with one Moog 960, and there's a point right before that piano thing hits where he turns on the "Third Row To Timing" switch, and at one point the entire 8 note sequence is heard, towards the end.

i'm actually a tad happier with this performance, even though i had to use 909 samples instead of the real thing:

stg/rubycon 2008 at ryan's birthday party

l e b e r

excellent applause

a100user

Love the audio, hopefully your audience also appreciated it too?

plord

essex sound lab wrote:

Ok, which Gallos do you have? The little softball sized Solos, or the Ref series?

I lust for the Ref3.1 SO HARD. but I can't justify replacing my Dynaudios.

essex sound lab

plord wrote:
essex sound lab wrote:

Ok, which Gallos do you have? The little softball sized Solos, or the Ref series?

I lust for the Ref3.1 SO HARD. but I can't justify replacing my Dynaudios.

I have the Reference 3.1's, which were an upgrade from the B&W's that I had prior. I auditioned a lot of speakers before selecting the Gallos.

boramx

zykes, what's up with the wallpaper?

put some doilies over those keyboards and rock some macaroni salad too.

Spanningtree

Very nice indeed, thanks for sharing! applause

neandrewthal

suitandtieguy wrote:
thanks for listening, guys. i wish you could have been there.

neandrewthal wrote:

that's actually a _reconstruction_ of a certain element of the piece which i'm kind of "covering" there, "Rubycon Part 1" by Tangerine Dream.

Rubycon side one has 2 CP-80 piano tracks. one of them goes forwards and is running through a Leslie cabinet on fast, and the other is going backwards and is direct. there is a combination of playing keys and strumming the piano strings on both tracks, except for a few points where _that_ happens. the first is at 10 minutes 30 seconds in the original recording.

Well what do you know. There is is! I just associated with Pink Floyd because I heard it there first. I just noticed the cover art of Rubycon is very similar to the cover of Meddle too.

Babaluma

listened to the full show yesterday, and the other live version of rubycon today, great stuff! you certainly nailed the sequence! i liked the ambient nature of the full set, and can only wonder at how it went down at the event, i am imagining you were in the chill out room?

really good stuff! there aren't many people rocking only analogue rigs these days!

suitandtieguy

it went down pretty well, actually.

the only person who didn't seem to like it was this guy with a thick accent who had this exchange with me before the show:

guy: i see you have many instruments here, but i do not see excess wires.

me: oh i totally do! they're out in the hall, in one of my boxes!

guy: ah i see. yes excess wires is the greatest synthesiser of all time!

me: ah ... no, i'm sorry i don't have an Access Virus.

guy: *confused* why do you not have an Access Virus? it most important psytrance synthesiser!

me: eh, well i just like this stuff better. i have the JP-8000 if i need something digital.

Babaluma

lol

dude

suitandtieguy wrote:
it went down pretty well, actually.

the only person who didn't seem to like it was this guy with a thick accent who had this exchange with me before the show:

guy: i see you have many instruments here, but i do not see excess wires.

me: oh i totally do! they're out in the hall, in one of my boxes!

guy: ah i see. yes excess wires is the greatest synthesiser of all time!

me: ah ... no, i'm sorry i don't have an Access Virus.

guy: *confused* why do you not have an Access Virus? it most important psytrance synthesiser!

me: eh, well i just like this stuff better. i have the JP-8000 if i need something digital.

lol fuck excess wires up the ass. you don't need no stinking excess wires with the fucking setup you r rockin!!!

ps, suit, please go check my demos of the asr i just got in rons first and longer demo thread

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1