MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New SMT mindreader. now taking [PREORDERS]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author New SMT mindreader. now taking [PREORDERS]
E.A.S.
Hi All!!

Now opening preorders for the new mindreader PCB.

So, I've been working on this new version of the mindreader. I am developing for a fully assembled version, but the PCB is pretty accommodating for hand smt assembly. Notably, you novice / expert DIY folks.

Most Resistors and capacitors 0603 sized. (a couple are 0805)
ICs are very manageable being SOIC sized.
Pots, jacks, connectors, and LEDs are through-hole.
Multiple PCB test points for probing signals throughout the signal path.
Optimized input/output voltages for eurorack.

For those not familiar..

Pre-amp in.
Gain control.
Pre-amp out.
Threshold control.
Gate out.
Envelope out.
High pass filter cutoff.
Low pass filter cutoff.
Filter output.
1v/OCT pitch to CV output.(!)

Like mentioned before, there will be a fully assembled version available shortly, but I wanted to make this PCB available for DIYers as well.

This is a 2 pcb, snap apart set, jack pcb mounts parallel to panel, main pcb perpendicular. Shipped together for ease of assembly.

Panel is 10HP.

PCB Only set $35 + shipping

PCB + PANEL $55 + shipping

CON US shipping $8.00

International shipping calculated based on location.

Payments can be made via Paypal at michael (d0t) alan (d0t) schmidt (@) Gmail (dot) c0m

Thanks!!! w00t

-Mike

Here is a photo of the PCB... it snaps into two smaller PCBs, but is shipped flat to ease assembly...

SMT Mindreader PCB by mike schmidt, on Flickr

panel...

mr_smt by mike schmidt, on Flickr
masterofstuff124
ahhh yaahhhhh
Pitch To CV!!!!

It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners sad banana nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! Dead Banana
ablearcher
Does this include reverse polarity protection? My through hole mindreader was taken down in a red stripe accident and while im sure its an easy fix its slowly sunk to ths bottom of a project bin. I miss it though, it is an excellebt module.
heapish
Any changes between the original and this? I need to give the old one another calibration. (other than SMD that is)
Starspawn
Id be interested in another, but please add the offset from the original circuit so it is possible to get a CV output closer in range to the input signal.
(See build thread for details)
xenosapien
pitch to cv?

Just what I had been waiting for... please keep us updated!
flab
do you have a link for the project? with videos of pitch to cv action etc? i am interesed
lasesentaysiete
yes, I'd buy
E.A.S.
ablearcher wrote:
Does this include reverse polarity protection? My through hole mindreader was taken down in a red stripe accident and while im sure its an easy fix its slowly sunk to ths bottom of a project bin. I miss it though, it is an excellebt module.

An easy fix yeah, but annoying. Yes, there will be reverse voltage input protection.

-Mike
E.A.S.
heapish wrote:
Any changes between the original and this? I need to give the old one another calibration. (other than SMD that is)

There are a few changes, mostly to ease calibration. Because this is being designed for quantity, this is necessary. There are a few part changes incorporated that make voltages a little more Euro friendly.

No really major design changes though.

-M
E.A.S.
Starspawn wrote:
Id be interested in another, but please add the offset from the original circuit so it is possible to get a CV output closer in range to the input signal.
(See build thread for details)

Yes. The CV offset give a a wider range of adjust-ability now. w00t

-M
E.A.S.
flab wrote:
do you have a link for the project? with videos of pitch to cv action etc? i am interesed

There's a few threads here in the Muffs DIY section. I'll dig up the links.
In the meantime, here's a little video I did a while back.

-M

[video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjnB60G-D_Q
[/video]
flab
i will get a pcb set when is ready, thanks
cleaninglady
I'm interested in a PCB set if it will work with the original panel.
NS4W
An advantage with smt would be to sandwich the PCBs to decrease the depth of the original module - is this the plan?
spotta
Yes please, does this revision still need the custom pots?
E.A.S.
cleaninglady wrote:
I'm interested in a PCB set if it will work with the original panel.

These boards will not work directly with Jason's panel design.
That said, panels will be made available.

-M
E.A.S.
NS4W wrote:
An advantage with smt would be to sandwich the PCBs to decrease the depth of the original module - is this the plan?

The depth of the assembled module is only about 1.75" (about 45mm) so totally "skiff friendly".

-M
E.A.S.
spotta wrote:
Yes please, does this revision still need the custom pots?

All parts available from normal vendors. thumbs up

-M
daynehacks
Im trying to figure out how thse two PCB's go together. Does one go at 90degrees or are then at different panel heights??

Whats that planned HP?
E.A.S.
daynehacks wrote:
Im trying to figure out how thse two PCB's go together. Does one go at 90degrees or are then at different panel heights??

Whats that planned HP?

Yes, the jack panel mounts parallel to the panel, the main board perpendicular.

10HP

-M

mr_smt by mike schmidt, on Flickr
CaneMan
Definitely interested.
rosch
I will take 1 set boards + panel, and pots if that was the project with the special pots that you offered too, can't remember
Dimitree
I'd like to know about the 2 quad pots too, if you can supply them or where they can be found
niicholas
I would like one set of boards and a panel, thank you, when it's ready, yes.
w00t w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3