MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

"fake polyphony" in eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author "fake polyphony" in eurorack
ipnoteca
beside rings, mysteron, elements and pluck, are there any other oscillators or modules that allow this kind of fake polyphony.

i was searching for something similar but with more of "classic analog" waves.

cheers.
Raven_Martin
Shapeshifter offers phased copies of oscillator one. These can be arranged into tons of pre-defined chord structures with voltage control over detune and also chord type if you wish. Not sure that's what you mean though?
ipnoteca
not talking about chord mode, i mean more notes overlays like happen in the 4 notes mode on the mutable instruments rings
lm13700
The blue lantern poly phobos is 4 note polyphonic. Not fake though. It is the real deal. I love mine.
ipnoteca
lm13700 wrote:
The blue lantern poly phobos is 4 note polyphonic. Not fake though. It is the real deal. I love mine.

this one seems pretty interesting!
thank you for suggetion!!!
RLK
The Doepfer A-152 T&H section allows for a type of polyphony.
ilovefrog
You can run four virtual oscillators with separate pitch inputs on a Roland Aira module.

I did it here using Shifty to send notes to each and then mixed them out through a SEM (starts to come in around 0:12):
bemushroomed
Intellijel Shifty with 4 VCO's (or a quad VCO, i use Quadnic from Studio Electronics and Edges from MI). There's also Arpitecht + triad.
PhineasFreak
there's the doepfer sub harm gen a113 - does 4 saws outta one wave in and you can program progressions.

if you are happy with squares then any clever-ish clock divider/multiplier will allow yout to make chords.

i use a 2hp div - one note in, 2 independent outs ranging from / to x 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,16
RussiaZero23
another vote for blue lantern poly phobos, I enjoy all the options and range
kwaidan
There are a number of these threads floating around. Yarns has an oscillator mode that will give you true 4-voice polyphony.

Doepfer is coming out with a 4-voice VCO. Currently, they have a similar module, but it is not temperature compensated.

The Instruo Troika will give you three voices. MFB also makes a three voice VCO.

The Flame 4Vox will give you true 4-voice polyphony, and the Analog Systems wavetable is capable of six voices. Plus, there is the new Synth Tech module coming out.

Plenty of options!
geremyf
I think the tELHARMONIC from make noise also qualifies. You provide a single 1v/oct input into Tonic and with Interval/Degree you get 3 voices out.
Baddcr
Why stop at four voices - ER-301 will give you a lot more than that, I stopped at twelve I think as that was more than enough wink

You could program it either way, as the fake kind of polyphony you describe or as true polyphony!

Also Chord Organ!
nectarios
Braids does chords too
risome
Three Sisters Miley Cyrus
defenestration
the new beta firmware for 1010music's bitBox/fxBox platform is a 4-voice wavetable synth, I've yet to try it for myself though
basicbasic
The Harrington-1200 app in Ornament & Crime will output up to 4 voice chords based on a single input CV but you'll still need multiple oscillators. Assuming you also have multiple envelopes, filters and VCAs you can have actual polyphony driven by a monophonic sequence.
dysonant
What about the new E370? That thing looks pretty amazing. Also, while it's not my cup of tea, isn't the Q-Bit Chord designed to do exactly this? Finally, this is absolutely not what you are looking for, but I managed to squeeze chords out of my Zorlon Cannon.

My new and preferred method for getting chords into my modular is recording them into the Morphagene and then mangling further smile

Oh and Industrial Music Electronics just released the Argos Bleak, which controls four oscillators.
ipnoteca
cheers thank you everyone for the amazing suggestion, didn't know there was so many modules capable of this!

nanners
Dcramer
Four oscillators and Frames in step mode! thumbs up
Jumbuktu
I am not sure that we are all talking about the same thing here.

telHARMONIC, Music Thing ChordOrgan, E370, Arpitecht, Quantimator, O&C etc (with VCOs added) can all play multiple voices at the same time. This is one kind of polyphony, but I thought the OP wanted to know about modules that provide 'true' polyphony; i.e. like a polyphonic keyboard would do. To do this, your system needs to be able to multiplex an input and feed it out to the available VCOs. So if you play two notes together, they get allocated to the first two VCOs and the others are silent; if you play three notes you get one more VCO sounding etc. You could do this with the Doepfer A-152, and I believe the Blue Lantern module does this as well (although I haven't researched it, so I could be wrong).

Personally, I am not sure of the value of 'true' polyphony in a modular system, unless you are controlling it from a MIDI keyboard. For my own setup, I am happy to have a multi-voice system where each voice gets separately controlled by its own sequencer or random generator.
ipnoteca
i was not talking about true polyphony, definitively not a keyboard player here grin and not interested properly into that kind on polyphony.

if you own the mutable instrument rings, you will probably understand what i am talking about. rings is capable of 4 note "polyphony" not as chords but the tail of last note will play on the next one.
Jumbuktu
robocoder wrote:
i was not talking about true polyphony, definitively not a keyboard player here grin and not interested properly into that kind on polyphony.

if you own the mutable instrument rings, you will probably understand what i am talking about. rings is capable of 4 note "polyphony" not as chords but the tail of last note will play on the next one.

I have rings and that's what I thought you meant. In my view that is 'true' polyphony. It requires a multiplexer to allocate the notes to an Oscillator so that they will keep playing.

Actually, I am not 100% sure that I understand what you want to do. Do you mean that you would feed in a monophonic sequence and the individual voices would overlap like a harp? You could do that with a sequential switch.
geremyf
That is also pretty much what the telharmonic does in shift register mode.
berenie
synthesis technologie e330 / e340 / e352 in cloud mode does chords to:

https://youtu.be/CnEObbSg1lM?t=18m1s
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2