MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Problem with SD card playback on dusting Mk 4
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Problem with SD card playback on dusting Mk 4
Migrigsynth
Hopefully somebody can help me out on this because I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. For some reason when I go to the I-1 algorithm for SD card audio playback the audio files will not play. The SD card is a brand new card formatted according to the directions for audio playback on the Disting. I've tested the card in the K-1 mode for wavetable the VCO playback and everything works fine so I know it's not a card issue.
The audio files that I'm trying to play were downloaded from Tom Whitwell's website for the Radio Music module. Here is the website address for reference: "https://github.com/TomWhitwell/RadioMusic/wiki/Audio-for-the-SD-Card" . The files were originally in RAW format and I converted them in Audacity to 16 bit 44 kHz files. I created a playlist according to the directions on the Disting website but cannot for the life of me figure out why the files are not playing. Would there be a reason why converting from RAW format would cause any problems?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated in addition to any suggestions I might try next.
os
Could you zip up and attach the playlist, and one of the wav files?
Migrigsynth
Thanks for the quick response. As soon as I get home from work I'll attach a zip file. thumbs up
Migrigsynth
Please see file attached above.

Thanks for your help
os
Your playlist has a weird mix of line endings:
Migrigsynth
Wow, all those extraneous endings were not visible when I was editing the file. I'm using OS Xs text edit in plane text mode. I'll have to use a different text editor. What program would you recommend to edit plaintext playlists? I see you're using TextWrangler.

Thanks
os
I recommend TextWrangler.
Migrigsynth
Well, first off thank you. Second, sorry to waste your time. I downloaded TextWrangler and used that to edit the file and immediately noticed that there were extraneous characters for carriage returns. Needless to say, I edited the file with that program, saved it, loaded it into the Disting and it worked like a charm. I should've checked this in the first place but being a complete rookie that I am I looked right past it. d'oh!

Thanks very much OS thumbs up

In addition to you awesome support, your module is pretty fantastic! Presently I own the Disting mk4 and Silent Way that I use with Reaktor on a Macintosh. Even has a very inexperienced Wriggler I can see that both products were well thought out.
You just gained another supporter! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1