MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

zyklus-like arpeggiator on kickstarter? (NDLR)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author zyklus-like arpeggiator on kickstarter? (NDLR)
bananeurysm
I haven't ever actually seen / used a zyklus, and I have no affiliation / don't know the makers of this thing. But it looks like it does some of the things claimed about the zyklus. And either way it looks pretty rad.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thendlr/the-ndlr-a-multi-part-pol yphonic-arpeggiator

I'd love to hear some comparisons (or even some details on the zylkus) if anyone has experience with one. And either way I'm gonna try to snag one of these!
zenbob
Hello, this is Darryl of Conductive Labs, maker of The NDLR. I would be happy to answer any questions you have about The NDLR. We are slowly adding details and videos to the Kickstarter page and to our youtube channel.

What is it? Its a multi-part, polyphonic, sequenced arpeggiator. It plays up to 8 synths at once. Its forte is real time tweaking of the arp parameters, as well as arping against scales that are being used to play chords. You pick a mode, scale and press the 7 buttons to play chords and select chord types.

It can play a drone note based on the root note of the current chord. Great for long evolving pads. It also has an amazing feature we call "interleaved poly-chaining". With this enabled, we interleave the (polyphonic) chord notes across several MIDI channels. Its awesome with a multitimbral synth or rompler.

What it isn't... its not a sequencer. Its not a traditional arpeggiator where you press random keys on your keyboard and we arpeggiate them. The NDLR plays both arps and chords in key. You don't even need a keyboard attached, but if you want you can use a MIDI keyboard for selecting chords and chord type, or a sequencer. It can also transpose and pass-thru MIDI notes from a keyboard or sequencer.

You will love it! SlayerBadger!
Darryl
flo
OP, are you talking about the Zyklus MPS1? I've quickly glanced at the NDLR and don't see much that it has in common with the MPS1... The MPS1 is a pretty traditional polyphonic sequencer, but with lots of fun triggering and transposing options (and a ton of simultaneous sequences). There's no arpeggiator... And no "force to scale" action. I use one as my main midi sequencer, so I know it pretty well and am happy to answer any questions about it.

Cheers Guinness ftw!
TheRosskonian
Saw this on another thread and decided to back it. They just posted a stretch goal of a volca style clock output and was teasing CV capability. Hope it comes true.
Technologear?
Oops double threads on this one, I posted on the other, sorry. Ps I pledged too, rad that Darryl contributed above
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1