MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

WMD Chimera
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author WMD Chimera
Zymos
Just scored this at Knobcon. I was sold as soon as I heard the syncopated shaker type sounds it can make, but there are lots of sounds to be found.
coolshirtdotjpg
How much did it cost? Demos?
richardisabelle
Very interested, but can't seem to find any information about it other than this thread.
richardisabelle
[/img]
Zymos
Not on their site yet, but there probably won't be much more info than the instruction sheet.

$269, I don't think they've posted any demos. Mine's in its box in my backpack right now, maybe I can post some sounds tomorrow.
savethisrocketship
If you follow WMD and some of their employees on Instagram they've been teasing it for a while... nothing in depth that I'm aware of but lots of little bits here and there if you're really interested.
richardisabelle
Found several very cool teasers on Instagram. How many HP is it; 8?
Nino
WMD on fire. <3
(yes, certainly 8hp)
Inflexus
Here you can see a demo of it (at Superbooth):

BugBrand
Chimera - a word besmirched by Ben Fisher.

[that trigger seq looks quite nice/fun]
richardisabelle
Sample based? Wasn't expecting that.
Zymos
If this sounds like crap, blame me and don't write off the module right away. Just wanted to record some of the infinite variety of sounds from the aptly named Chimera. It's the same trigger throughout, so the rhythms that come out here and there are from the module itself. Parts sound like they are going through a delay but they aren't.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/zymos/chimera[/s]
richardisabelle
Zymos wrote:
If this sounds like crap, blame me and don't write off the module right away. Just wanted to record some of the infinite variety of sounds from the aptly named Chimera. It's the same trigger throughout, so the rhythms that come out here and there are from the module itself. Parts sound like they are going through a delay but they aren't.

Awesome; I'm sold.
Zymos
thumbs up

Don't know if you are familiar with Transient (though I think it's a hometown module for you Mr. Green ) but these 2 are great examples of why "sample based" could be becoming irrelevant.
Zymos
American Horror Story: Eurorack

The schritchy insectoid part is Chimera-

[s]http://soundcloud.com/zymos/ahs[/s]
Ras Thavas
That's some fine sounding schritchy insectoid stuff. How was it patched, how does the Chimera get into that space of sounds?

Zymos wrote:
American Horror Story: Eurorack

The schritchy insectoid part is Chimera-

[s]http://soundcloud.com/zymos/ahs[/s]
Zymos
It's kind of made to do that all on its own.
I modulated the decay, and with "feel" in the middle position it brings it in and out. Then I sent it through Clouds.
WMDevices
matttech
WMDevices wrote:

= nuts

zombie w00t zombie w00t
biggator6
Damn... this is awesome sounding.
WMDevices
Got Chimera on the website now.

Chimera on WMDevices.com

Release Date is October 13th. We will be at Machines in Music with units to show, so come see us!

Relevant specs: +63mA, -17mA. 8HP, 30mm Depth with cables.

More videos coming soon, will post here when they're edited!
matttech
Looking forward to grabbing some of these wink
importjingles
applause
Mr. Sound Boy King
Out todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
matttech
Mr. Sound Boy King wrote:
Out todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Sitting in my cupboard as we speak! w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3