MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MPC Live to Keystep to eurorack MIDI issues
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author MPC Live to Keystep to eurorack MIDI issues
hawkfuzz
Sorry if this isn't where this goes, I don't know where else it would go.

I'm new to midi and might be being stupid, but I need help.

I have a midi cable from the MPC Live going to the Keystep. I've been able to get the midi channel to put out CV and Gate from the MPC, but if I run the sync out to my Stillson Hammer mk2 clock in nothing happens unless the Keystep is in Play mode.

Once the Keystep starts playing, the CV information is no longer being transmitted to the eurorack setup, but the sequencer's clock starts working.

I'd like the SH to receive clock and the CV information work at the same time.

Any help would be wonderful and if this isn't the right place, direction to the right place would be great.
hawkfuzz
Nevermind very frustrating

After rereading the manual I found that the Keystep only passes clock if it's playing in Arp/Seq mode and therefore only plays from the Keystep if Play is engaged.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Gonna look at the BSP or a MIDI module
tross
Did you tried to sequence with MPC? How it's working, nice or not?
hawkfuzz
As long as you don't allow the keystep to be in 'Play' mode it's fine. Very easy. Typical piano roll style. Gate fire for each not and you control gate length. Haven't figured out how to get the ribbon controller to work yet, but I've not really tried.

If you're into it you can toggle between two sequences, one from the Keystep and one from the MPC by initiating or stopping the Keystep.

The Play Start function restarts a sequence in the KS so you can do some cool stutters with that if you're into it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1