MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bemi 218e problems - grounding?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Bemi 218e problems - grounding?
granville
I've recently received a BEMI Easel and I'm having issues with the 218e. I'm getting intermittent & sometimes stuttering triggers, occasional random notes unrelated to what's being played, and the octave/preset knobs are sometimes activated at random without being pressed.

However... reading up it seemed the culprit might be a grounding issue, and in fact if I keep a finger on the headphone socket whilst playing it behaves itself and acts as it should.

So.. what's the solution here? Is there something inside the easel that needs adjusting, or is there some gadget I need to pass through after the easel output? Any help would be much appreciated.

hmmm.....
slow_riot
This has been a known failure mode for several years I'm afraid (documented in several threads in this sub forum).

BEMI have not released a hardware or software fix.
ritchiedrums
Try ground & cleaning the keyboard.
Also make sure you have shoes on (no joke!)
woVERTICES
...and how best can the keyboard by cleaned without damage?
Best,
John
www.johnjpotter.com
christie
I have had similar issues. The cause turned out not to be grounding per se, but dimmer controls on the lights in the room that were on the same circuit that the 218 was plugged into. With the lights off, all the intermittent issues disappeared.

I ended up changing the dimmer to an ordinary switch and everything cleared up.

If you have dimmers in your room you might want to check that out.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1