MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Alternative Reverb Tanks for BEMI Easel?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Alternative Reverb Tanks for BEMI Easel?
nickbaba
One thing with my Easel, I've never loved the onboard reverb sound. I know a lot of people here do love it. Maybe I have an issue with my tank, I've never opened it up to look, but it always sounds like an old tin can to me and not in a good way. And I'm a fan of spring 'verbs.

I've read here that the Accutronics 1BC2E is a suitable replacement for the BEMI Easel reverb tank (at least that's the tank often used in Easel clones).

But are there other spring tanks that would fit the spec e.g. correct impedance, right size, that could be tried for a different flavor of 'verb?

Has anyone here customized their Easel reverb with something different, maybe bigger?
TMortigan
Have you ever had your Reverb cut out the overall sound when you reach about half way on the knob setting but then return at nearly full effect? One has done that since day one.s puzzling to me.
nickbaba
mm no my reverb functions as it should - I was just curious about trying a different tank.

I've been told the BEMI Easel uses the 8BC2E, which is the 3 spring version (1BC2E has 2 springs). Also that changing the tank probably won't make a difference to the sound, which is more down to the circuit BEMI use.

I think I'll try running it through an external spring tank instead of looking to swap out the internal tank.
nickbaba
Quote:
Have you ever had your Reverb cut out the overall sound when you reach about half way on the knob setting but then return at nearly full effect?

I have never needed to set my Easel reverb at more than the 10 o'clock position - at that point my sound is like 75% wet... halfway on the dial and my sound would disappear into the background... but maybe that's not normal?
CliffordMilk
Mine is the same but whether it's normal or not, I don't know.

I gave up and bought a Strymon Bluesky.
noisejockey
Mine's that way, too. Only ever use it from off to maybe noon, unless I want to start or end a piece in total murk. Small amounts go a huge way with that thing.

But for extra flavors I too have external reverb pedals.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1