MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Thunderdoor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author Thunderdoor
mousegarden
https://mutations1.bandcamp.com/album/no-more-no-less

An album of improvised rough jams, one take, one session, a collaboration with a friend, modular, Triton, Juno's.
lisa
Whenever someone at the muff describes their music as "improvised" I always expect roughly mixed, random modular noise. I was pleasantly surprised by your album. A very inoffensive, arctic sounding, ambient soundtrack. A bit like a clean cousin of Biosphere's "Substrata".

If I'll put forth any criticism/personal wish it's that after a while I started craving some dirt.

Favourite track: A Productive Day. It has a nice arpeggio sequence and a great dynamic.
joebauer
Found you on SoundCloud. Following now smile
andrewhuang
Beautiful stuff. Love the album art too.
mousegarden
Thanks folks, ha ha! yes, "improvised" is a catch all word to describe all sorts of things these days.
I agree about the "dirt" and we're not short of that on a lot of stuff we do, but for some reason we just weren't in the mood on these tracks. They were recorded in one take, no editing, and in cronological order. There are loads of "mistakes" but on listening it all seems to gel to me.
I think the atmosphere is "arctic" I've been playing with this guy since 1991, and we've done some interesting stuff over the years, I think this bunch of tracks is going to our last for a long time, as he's moving away. It's very sad, and I'll miss playing with him, I think the mood of this stuff reflects that.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1