MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Feedback on my first 5U system
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Feedback on my first 5U system
lrclazer
Hey everyone,

Longtime Eurorack enthusiast here who's thinking of getting into 5U. The more synth stuff I've done, the more I've come to value user experience and I'm excited to try out a larger format.

I've recently acquired some used Mos-Lab modules (911, 921B, 904B, 904C, C3PO) and wanted to build a Mos-Lab system around that. Here's what I'm thinking:

https://www.modulargrid.net/d/racks/view/508140

A couple of comments:
* Though I could see myself getting a 960 style sequencer at some point, I have so many options with keyboard controllers, Euro, Cirklon, Pyramid, etc that I'm deferring that for a while
* I'm aware of the power differences between Mos-Lab, COTK, dotcom, etc. Thinking of going to dotcom power with regulators where needed. If I really love 5U as much as I think I will, then it will be easy to add modules from other manufacturers down the line
* Given the wait times for Mos-Lab stuff, I realize this system probably wouldn't come together till 2018 hihi
* Given the space available in my studio, trying to keep the initial system to either 1x22u (which would fit nicely on my Jaspers rack) or 3x8u

Any feedback on the above system would be much appreciated! e.g. Would it be better to replace one of the 921s with a 921ab for future expansion? Adequate number of Atten and Mixers?

Thanks in advance for the help.
goom
Unless I'm missing something, you'd need a 921A to drive the 921Bs.

For a system of that size, I'd omit the FFB and one of the 921s to save space for a variety of other modules from other manufacturers, but it's entirely up to your preferences.
lrclazer
goom wrote:
Unless I'm missing something, you'd need a 921A to drive the 921Bs.

For a system of that size, I'd omit the FFB and one of the 921s to save space for a variety of other modules from other manufacturers, but it's entirely up to your preferences.

I did have the 921A in there - not sure how it got replaced with a Mixer. Just updated.

And good point on the FFB, but I do like some of the demos out there and it seems like it would be nice for tone shaping.
goom
I hear ya on the FFB. I've always wanted one myself, but never got one because of the cost of the inductor versions.

Are you already a modular owner? If so, maybe you have enough other modules to cover a fair amount of ground, to where the FFB would make sense.
lrclazer
goom wrote:
I hear ya on the FFB. I've always wanted one myself, but never got one because of the cost of the inductor versions.

Are you already a modular owner? If so, maybe you have enough other modules to cover a fair amount of ground, to where the FFB would make sense.

Yes, I have about 104HP x 24U of Eurorack smile
goom
Nice! Well maybe I see a FFB in your future!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1