MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Music and Sound Re-Appropriation Association invitation
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author Music and Sound Re-Appropriation Association invitation
cartoonbomb
Hey everyone. I'm not really sure where to post something like this. I thought that some wigglers might be interested in this though.

Please consider participating in this or sharing the page with your music groups and outside forums. It'll be fun and the more perspectives we have on the source material, the more interesting MASRAA will be.

The meat and potatoes:

You download our sample pack here

Use these samples to create a track. You can do anything you want with them. Process and edit them to your liking.

You can also use the SNES sound ripper tool (it's in the .zip) to get samples from ONE (1) SNES game. This means that if you get a kick from Yoshi's Island, you can't use the synth from Metroid 3. You cannot use any soft synths, guitars, keyboards, outside drum loops, VSTis, or anything but the samples and your SNES game.

You may submit more than one song if you feel so inclined.

You may use any software you'd like. You can use all the effects you want. Just keep it within the spirit of reappropriation.

You have roughly 6 weeks. I'll spit out a deadline soon, along with a place for you to send your track. That's plenty of time and it should give people who want to participate time to do so. If I get super low participation (i.e. 0 submissions), I'll extend it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/157803198084030/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1