MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Argos Bleak firmware ver. 1.3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Argos Bleak firmware ver. 1.3
mt3
From facesbookofdeath:

* Pressing the encoder button while in scale/root selection mode toggles between the two, like on Stillson Hammer.

* New feature: CV delay line. Each channel now has a short delay line that can be used instead of the slew limiter. To access it, select the “S.2” option from the slew selection menu of the desired channel and use the associated Slew knob to adjust the delay length. When active, the delay is also enabled/disabled by the slew gate input.

* New feature: internal channel routing. Several input sources have been added to each channel’s input selection menu. Input sources C1-C4 take as their CV input the output of the named channel. This is useful for chaining channels to get longer CV delay times, or to try combinations of delay/slew while patching the intermediate output to another oscillator. If you select the input source “—“, the input is disabled and the only voltage sources for that output will be the octave knob, the detune knob, and the vibrato generator.

Link to the firmware
mt3
Firmware posted.
mt3
Updated post with actual release notes.
Guv added the internal channel routing option for normalized quantizer feedback fukcfun.
we're not worthy
governor blacksnake
mt3 wrote:
Guv added the internal channel routing option for normalized quantizer feedback fukcfun.
we're not worthy

please be verbose in describing your first interaction with this patch:

argos ch1 to hertz donut primary 1v/oct
argos ch2 to hertz donut modulator 1v/oct
both hzd oscs with freq knobs at zero, freq mod set upwards
argos ch1: input C2, slew S2
argos ch2: input C1, slew S2
adjust slew/delay times until it starts bouncing around in a way you like, then add vibrato and change the chord presets and things will start to get fun. listen to the hertz primary out
ether
Those recent audio demos are sick SlayerBadger!
mt3
governor blacksnake wrote:
mt3 wrote:
we're not worthy

please be verbose in describing your first interaction with this patch:

argos ch1 to hertz donut primary 1v/oct
argos ch2 to hertz donut modulator 1v/oct
both hzd oscs with freq knobs at zero, freq mod set upwards
argos ch1: input C2, slew S2
argos ch2: input C1, slew S2
adjust slew/delay times until it starts bouncing around in a way you like, then add vibrato and change the chord presets and things will start to get fun. listen to the hertz primary out

Will reply soon, still interacting since last night.
Karma tantric sutra.
mt3
Preamble
Remember when you were 13, and the first time the cooler, older kids offered a session to try some "drugs"? You silently wondered "wow, where'd these cool senior high kids get their supplies from?", then just before you drop your first ever dose you imagine your new best friends at various rendezvous' with Bill Cosby's gynecologist. And there was no difference to you whether it was coke, liquid 'cid, trees, quaaludes, bennies, peyote, GHB, mickey finns, rocks, etc. because they were all indistinguishable to your inexperience and fell under the umbrella term "drugs"? Later on you'll boast nonchalance about how you "did drugs with cool senior high" and daydream the next invites to invole conversation such as "hey man, want to do some drugs again?" or "we're going to get some drugs, want to come?". In hindsight you refer to those unknowingly awkward years as "salad days" or "Christ's teenage years".

Nonetheless, you were finally learning Dutch. Feeling as if every step previously taken were aimless wanderings, whereas now each step finally has purpose and destination. You place the trip on your tongue or to your lips and then... nothing. Just an introspective looking around, wondering where it is, as if you were searching for something lost. For whatever reason you expected the effects to be immediate the instant you ingested. But then the giggles. The next (and last) thought you recall having was "I know, I'll write down everything I experience so I don't forget and later share this with my friends".

Listening Notes. This Experience
Once everything was patched and prepared...
    * Immediately the uncertainty, the two slews sound as if they are looped and locked to phases, PLL...

* As with the rest of our lives, you provided a state to start, but no direction, no modulation...

* Hence, I'm reluctant to touch any of the other parameters of the Argos Bleak, afraid if I deviate from the default settings everyone around me will stop whatever they were doing and immediately bring their hands over their ears and appear as if they were wanting to crush their head between their hands. Scanners the Octave Switch...

* Twisting the octave knobs sound as if the oscillators have been secretly dosed with drug. They oscillate wildly between responding instantly or responding drunkenly. The moment you have it slowly dialed in, you slowly let go, listening, control is out of your hands, guided now by another purpose...

* And there you go...
dropthedyle
is there a particular way to connect the pickit to the module for updating ? i can't see specific marks for pairing them.
hmmm.....

EDIT: i tried and it works !
Baddcr
I keep getting it the wrong way round and nothing bad ever seems to happen dropthedyle - glad you got it sorted!

Argos Bleak - somehow one ended up in my case.. now my brain is melting...

I was like WTF do I ned this for... now I know grin
mt3
Every module in my rack screams WTF do I need this for. Ignore those temporary moments of sanity, they usually pass by quickly.

Yes, pickit plugged in wrong doesn't damage anything.
Baddcr
Hehe those moments of insanity are currently being stretched out to hours of a very different kind of insanity with Argos Bleak!
mt3
Yes, it's a dimension expander for possibilities about one's capabilities with their rack.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1