MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland - is it the end?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Roland - is it the end?
Muzone
mome rath wrote:
*RESET*

Yeah it would be great if life were that easy - unfortunately it isn't and attempts to laugh it off or trying to meme yourself out of the situation is just how creep after creep has gotten away with abusive behaviour....
mousegarden
Muzone wrote:
mousegarden wrote:
Isaiah wrote:
Nice sidestepping. meh

Don't worry, I know there is a major difference between continents regarding what's humorous or not.

I'm same continent and the same region as you, and I still think you're a smug patronizing oaf......

Oh well, you can't be everyone's friend.
mome rath
Muzone wrote:
mome rath wrote:
*RESET*

Yeah it would be great if life were that easy - unfortunately it isn't and attempts to laugh it off or trying to meme yourself out of the situation is just how creep after creep has gotten away with abusive behaviour....

A+ good derail everyone
mousegarden
Muzone wrote:
mome rath wrote:
*RESET*

OK, I'm not only a smug patronising oaf, I'm a creep as well, nice, very nice, now who's being abusive?
Isaiah
mousegarden wrote:
Isaiah wrote:
Nice sidestepping. meh

No sidestepping, just a joke, like my former comments.
Don't worry, I know there is a major difference between continents regarding what's humorous or not.

Several wigglers have said how some of the comments in this thread are manifestations of the sorts of attitudes that might put many women off participating on the forum or at an “in person” scenario (a synth meet for example).
Your response to this was to “joke” (just to clarify the use of quotation marks, I don’t doubt that you were joking and you thought it was funny) rather than actually acknowledge what others had said.
So, joking aside, I’m genuinely curious what your response is to the point that has been highlighted.

I’m from the UK.
I don’t see how continental differences in humour (perceived or real) relate to the point that was raised (see the first paragraph of this post).
tehyar
Past time for this thread to end.
Isaiah
mousegarden wrote:
Muzone wrote:
mome rath wrote:
*RESET*

OK, I'm not only a smug patronising oaf, I'm a creep as well, nice, very nice, now who's being abusive?

I don’t think Muzone was calling you a creep, rather stating that dismissing criticism of certain behaviour as “banter” or whatever only normalises it and allows people to get away with further abuses.
That you thought he was addressing you, well...

Serious question now, I want to make sure I haven’t misunderstood you:
If you were at a local synth meet and you made the comment that you made earlier in the thread (“Sounds like my ideal woman... ” in response to somebody describing a synth as “accessible, portable, tweakable, and fun to use.”) and someone there actually did call you a “creep”, would they be behaving abusively?
Howie_Doodat
I just bought a relatively nice priced Aira System-1 on a whim (mostly because I had the TR-8 already and thought they would be cool together) and while its actually a really nice sounding and powerful little synth, I'm finding it kinda pointless to keep around for one reason or the other. Anyone else have one and share this sentiment? And for what its worth, I think the Tr-8 is quite great.
Muzone
mome rath wrote:

A+ good derail everyone

Yeah, easy money.......
adam
IR wrote:

I would say the 1990s MC-303 and MC-505 kept up the traditions, although very different from their 1980s offerings, which were actually marketed for the wrong crowd to begin with, and only started getting used by a lot of people when the prices dropped to rock-bottom.

that was the case with the classics too though - 303 certainly
rohelineoun
tehyar wrote:
Past time for this thread to end.
Muzone
Funny old world, someone commodifies women with a casually offensive phrase, but more people are crying to "make it go away" ~ well I'll leave them, and all you snowflakes can pretend it doesn't matter.......com
alexbarbed
Agree that we can leave the Benny Hill jokes in the 70s.
But are we still talking Roland? I walked into Red Dog in Balham a few months ago and they had all those little synths lined up and I actually thought they were a marketing stunt to promote their new boutique line I'd heard so much about. I was staggered they were actually real. After much scoffing I thought about it later and realised that if they brought out a mini W30 I'd buy it in a heartbeat, so I guess they're going for the 'relive your first crush' market, which is laughable unless they actually make the one you want, in which case it's a guilty pleasure.
I never forgave them for abandoning the VariOS. I still use mine.
mousegarden
Isaiah wrote:
If you were at a local synth meet and you made the comment that you made earlier in the thread (“Sounds like my ideal woman... ” in response to somebody describing a synth as “accessible, portable, tweakable, and fun to use.”) and someone there actually did call you a “creep”, would they be behaving abusively?

Yes they would, but I'd just laugh.
Isaiah
mousegarden wrote:
Isaiah wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Quick question:
If you being called a “creep” (as per the scenario in the prior question) is abusive, would you consider your comment (as quoted above) to be abusive also? If not, why not?
mousegarden
Isaiah wrote:
mousegarden wrote:
Isaiah wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Quick question:
If you being called a “creep” (as per the scenario in the prior question) is abusive, would you consider your comment (as quoted above) to be abusive also? If not, why not?

That's not a quick question, and you know it.
Isaiah
mousegarden wrote:
Isaiah wrote:
mousegarden wrote:
Isaiah wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Quick question:

That's not a quick question, and you know it.

I just realised, I also asked two questions, not one.
More important to the issue we’re almost discussing than the technical inaccuracy of my preface, are the questions that followed, and your answers to them that I’m genuinely keen to hear please.
dumbledog
Roland met his end in 1967, when that son of a bitch Van Owen blew off Roland's head.

But was it the end...?
Annwn
This thread = Russian Roulette Dead Banana

Basically confirmed that it's time to leave Muffs. Thanks everyone. The forum's been great.

Guinness ftw!
TS
Roland Deschain would tell you that it is not the end, because Ka is a wheel.
Howie_Doodat
My best friend's a butcher, he has sixteen knives
He carries them all over the town at least he tries,
Oh look it stopped snowing
My best friend's from Poland and, um, he has a beard.
tesserack
TS wrote:
Roland Deschain would tell you that it is not the end, because Ka is a wheel.
thanks for that post. it's like that bill Buford song lyric I quoted in another thread.

"No use making the same mistakes forever and ever amen, caught in the circle and you can't stop spinning back to the beginning again"

Quotes About Ka. ... “Ka is a wheel; its one purpose is to turn. The spin of ka always brings us back to the same place, to face and reface our mistakes and defeats until we can learn from them. When we learn from the past, the wheel continues to move forward, towards growth and evolution."

One observation Ive found is that humans tend to defend their mistakes and hold on to them as if they were right all along and no mistake was ever made. Caught in the circle.
Blairio
tessera wrote:

One observation Ive found is that humans tend to defend their mistakes and hold on to them as if they were right all along and no mistake was ever made. Caught in the circle.

Of course - it all comes down to ego threat in the end.
mousegarden
mousegarden wrote:
akairipper wrote:
accessible, portable, tweakable, and fun to use.

Sounds like my ideal woman...

Dead Banana

OK, before we go any further I'd like to apologise for the above post, it was obviously disgusting and oafish.
Freedom of thought, expression, and speech, can be very dangerous things, and I'd like to thank Isaiah and Muzone for pointing out the error of my ways, and for being Muff's unofficial censors, you're doing sterling work.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologies to all those women out there, probably thousands, if not more, who were queuing up to get into Muff's only to be put off by my sexist and abusive behaviour, please don't be put off, believe me it won't happen again, this has been a real eye opener for me.
Muzone
I'd also like to apologise if anyone got upset by my posts - I realise now Muffs aspires to be a happy smiley place where people can escape the every day burden of reality - I don't see myself as a censor, just someone who feels the need to put their point of view every now and then......
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6