MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland - is it the end?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Author Roland - is it the end?
grillo
mousegarden wrote:

OK, before we go any further I'd like to apologise for the above post, it was obviously disgusting and oafish.
Freedom of thought, expression, and speech, can be very dangerous things, and I'd like to thank Isaiah and Muzone for pointing out the error of my ways, and for being Muff's unofficial censors, you're doing sterling work.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologies to all those women out there, probably thousands, if not more, who were queuing up to get into Muff's only to be put off by my sexist and abusive behaviour, please don't be put off, believe me it won't happen again, this has been a real eye opener for me.

way to go, a condescending non-apology dripping with sarcasm. freedom of speech doesn't mean people won't respond to all the bullshit you're spewing.
alexbarbed
Hang on a minute. If mousegarden had gone the full Harvey Weinstein then his apology would indeed be an insult. But he just made a slightly crass joke, which really didn't warrant all this. FFS leave him alone!
thevegasnerve
alexbarbed wrote:
Hang on a minute. If mousegarden had gone the full Harvey Weinstein then his apology would indeed be an insult. But he just made a slightly crass joke, which really didn't warrant all this. FFS leave him alone!

Yeah this ganging up on Mouse is really off-putting as he just writes about his life off the cuff. He made a joke that was really silly with a tinge of guy humor. He shouldn't have said it, but really some of you are like a pack of jackals lately looking for any type of spoils. This has no comparison or correlation to real issues in our society regarding sexism etc.
thevegasnerve
And Roland is doing fine, geez...
alexbarbed
thevegasnerve wrote:

Now you're going too far
thevegasnerve
alexbarbed wrote:
thevegasnerve wrote:

Now you're going too far

So close.
alexbarbed
w00t

(sorry, this is my 100th post)
estin
alexbarbed wrote:
w00t

(sorry, this is my 100th post)

time for B/S/T SlayerBadger!

Less politics and more synths Play Him Off, Keyboard Cat.
Isaiah
mousegarden wrote:
mousegarden wrote:
akairipper wrote:
accessible, portable, tweakable, and fun to use.

Sounds like my ideal woman...

Dead Banana

OK, before we go any further I'd like to apologise for the above post, it was obviously disgusting and oafish.
Freedom of thought, expression, and speech, can be very dangerous things, and I'd like to thank Isaiah and Muzone for pointing out the error of my ways, and for being Muff's unofficial censors, you're doing sterling work.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologies to all those women out there, probably thousands, if not more, who were queuing up to get into Muff's only to be put off by my sexist and abusive behaviour, please don't be put off, believe me it won't happen again, this has been a real eye opener for me.

I said several times that I was/am keen to hear your thoughts on the point that was highlighted (that some of the attitudes displayed in the comments in this thread are the sort of thing that might put many women off participating here or at an "in-person" event, such as a local synth meet).
I think it's a worthwhile discussion.
Far from being a censor, I am engaging you in conversation.

I asked you a question to make sure that I didn't misunderstand you (quote below).
You answered and I thanked you because, again, I think it's a worthwhile discussion.
When I enquired further based on your answer, you evaded the questions.

I'm still keen to hear your answer to the questions (in bold below):

Isaiah wrote:
mousegarden wrote:
Isaiah wrote:
mousegarden wrote:
Isaiah wrote:
Serious question now, I want to make sure I haven’t misunderstood you:
If you were at a local synth meet and you made the comment that you made earlier in the thread (“Sounds like my ideal woman... ” in response to somebody describing a synth as “accessible, portable, tweakable, and fun to use.”) and someone there actually did call you a “creep”, would they be behaving abusively?

Yes they would, but I'd just laugh.

Thanks for your reply.

Quick question:
If you being called a “creep” (as per the scenario in the prior question) is abusive, would you consider your comment (as quoted above) to be abusive also? If not, why not?

That's not a quick question, and you know it.

I just realised, I also asked two questions, not one.
More important to the issue we’re almost discussing than the technical inaccuracy of my preface, are the questions that followed, and your answers to them that I’m genuinely keen to hear please.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Isaiah wrote:
If you being called a “creep” (as per the scenario in the prior question) is abusive, would you consider your comment (as quoted above) to be abusive also? If not, why not?

I'll answer on behalf of Mousegarden, who isn't feeling very well.

All humour is abusive. That's why it's funny.
mousegarden
Can we just cool it guys, whatever you think of me, I've never met any of you who dissaprove of my post, it was meant as a light hearted comment OK....I apologise, if you think I'm being sarcastic there's nothing I can do about that, but just lighten up for Christ sake, this is getting way too boring for words.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Page 6 of 6