MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland - is it the end?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Roland - is it the end?
Martinorman
Discuss...
CoreInside
Roland 4 ever
JayEm
discuss what?
khyber
This is the end, yes
rod_zero
Thoser boputiques are sold as warm pancakes.
Numanoid92
Those posts are too much Gearslutz for my taste... All Hail Roland
Pase
Martinorman wrote:
Discuss...

No thanks.
Hainbach
Please just go away.
WaveRider
..well, they have to subcontract outside to make analog synths...

the roland of the 80ies is long dead yes.

to me they are finished, I do not see how they will sell me another product given their current linup and philosophy. But yeah for malekko made modules with the roland name on it. smile
Prints
Who cares if you're too pretentious to make music with whatever gear you're incapable of using for whatever snobby reasons? That's not something to be impressed of. This is exactly what's wrong with people who don't actually make music with their synths.
AdamJay
but... but... my hands are just tooooooo big !!!! angry meh

Dead Banana
darenager
Roland should totally do some marketing analysis, based on "bloke on the internet"

Here is a start:

1. Bloke on the internet has big and clumsy hands
2. Bloke on the internet insists on everything being discrete analog
3. Bloke on the internet thinks it should no way cost over $100
4. Bloke on the internet will wait until the used market is flooded with these toys at a fifth of the original price.
5. Bloke on the internet always wants more outputs
6. Bloke on the internet wouldn't do it like that
7. Bloke on the internet would have done it different
8. Bloke on the internet hopes your company goes broke
9. Bloke on the internet says its ugly
10. Bloke on the internet says its way too big
11. Bloke on the internet says its too frigging small
12. Bloke on the internet says it should have Oled screen
13. Bloke on the internet has better knowledge of component pricing than your company
14. Bloke on the internet says it should be open source
15. Bloke on the internet knows more about R&D, marketing, pricing and technical matters than anyone at your company, you should hire me, I mean him.
computer controlled
Gearslutz must be dying.
Annwn
I suspect someone is just trying to join the 100 post club.
davidh
hope I can buy a D05 boutique before the Roland apocalypse
Loopop
Martinorman wrote:
Discuss...

no it's not
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
So, fun fact which I just discovered:

Roland has an actual retail showroom in Surrey, BC, about half an hour from my house. I discovered this because it is in the same building as the place where you go to take the Canadian citizenship test, and when I looked up the latter, I also found the former. I haven't been there yet to check it out, but plan to soon. Will report back here on how lame it is after I do.

Incidentally, I'm just waiting for the call from the Canadian government to invite me to my citizenship ceremony. Looking forward to it. Being an American only just isn't doing it for me anymore (but no politics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
rean1mator
lol, yeah, when is the last time roland made anything ground breaking or interesting. seems like they have a creativity/brain drain over there at ole. roland these days. i liken their focus on the boutique range to say porsche making cars to compete with hyundai. lol. wtaf.

i think they spent more money on that ridiculous multi day 909 day release frenzy then they did on the actual r&d for the tr-09. i've been bitter about roland every since. haha.

they need to do what every other major corporation does when they are running a soul-less company, just start buying all their competitors our of the market.
Prints
waah cry waah cry

Dead Banana

such impressive whining
chaosick
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:

Roland has an actual retail showroom in Surrey, BC, about half an hour from my house. I discovered this because it is in the same building as the place where you go to take the Canadian citizenship test, and when I looked up the latter, I also found the former. I haven't been there yet to check it out, but plan to soon. Will report back here on how lame it is after I do.

Incidentally, I'm just waiting for the call from the Canadian government to invite me to my citizenship ceremony. Looking forward to it. Being an American only just isn't doing it for me anymore (but no politics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Fellow American here who's in the process of getting his P.R., also in Vancouver. Where you from?
dumbledog
Martinorman wrote:
Discuss...

Stupid dog wanted to go out tonight for his usual, so okay I leash him up get all ready for a big walk. He makes it about a block, takes a dump then heads back home so he can be an asshole around the house. Goofball of a dog.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
chaosick wrote:
Fellow American here who's in the process of getting his P.R., also in Vancouver. Where you from?

I've been a PR in Canada since 1993, when I joined the faculty of the University of British Columbia. I moved here from Reno, Nevada, which is where I did all my university learnin' and met my wife. However, I actually grew up in a little town in the "Gold Country" of central California called Jackson (seat of Amador County, one hour south of Sacramento). All my "people" in Jackson are gone now, but I still have relatives that I care about in Sacramento (although they are Trump supporters, which bothers the hell out of me, but NO POLITICS m*th*rf*ck*rs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
dumbledog
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
I've been a PR in Canada since 1993, when I joined the faculty of the University of British Columbia. I moved here from Reno, Nevada, which is where I did all my university learnin' and met my wife. However, I actually grew up in a little town in the "Gold Country" of central California called Jackson (seat of Amador County, one hour south of Sacramento). All my "people" in Jackson are gone now, but I still have relatives that I care about in Sacramento (although they are Trump supporters, which bothers the hell out of me, but NO POLITICS m*th*rf*ck*rs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Oh haaaay, I live in Rancho Cordova, and used to do a lot of geocaching down Highway 16. Reminds me, I should take the drive up 49 soon now that the leaves are just starting to turn.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
dumbledog wrote:
Oh haaaay, I live in Rancho Cordova, and used to do a lot of geocaching down Highway 16. Reminds me, I should take the drive up 49 soon now that the leaves are just starting to turn.

Rancho Cordova... isn't that where the Sunrise Mall is? It seems like we used to go there about every other weekend when I was a kid. Two years ago, my mom (RIP) was in and out of Mercy San Juan Hospital in Carmichael, and I stayed at my cousins' place just off of American River Dr. and got to spend a lot of quality time exploring Sacramento and environs. I really like Sacramento (when it's not stinkin' hot). It seems like a really user-friendly city.

I love driving Highway 49. Years ago, I bought a great book that has all the old landmarks along the highway in it, and discusses the history of the gold rush, etc. I was really into that stuff when I lived there. Amador County (and adjacent Calaveras and Eldorado Counties) is riddled with old mining paraphernalia, and my buddy and I used to traipse all over the countryside, trying to find old mines and tunnels and stuff. It was such a great area to grow up in, but I fear that it's not really anymore -- all the local industry seems to have disappeared, and Jackson feels a bit skeevy to me now (maybe it always was, and I just didn't know any better). When I'm out walking around, I'm always struck by how much the area around Jackson looks like Tuscany. I think that if the area were properly marketed, someone could make a killing.
dopefiend
chaosick wrote:
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:

Fellow American here who used to be a Mexican, and now LOVES the USA. Even if oversized jack-o-lanterns inhabit the WH out of season. Canada is too freaking cold!!!! And, to stay on topic: WTH are you talking about regarding Roland?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6