MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

first modular track! melodious dub
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author first modular track! melodious dub
lisa
Yep, the first one! hyper

However, because of my modular pledge I only had two modules when it was made, Maths and Rings (101% cliché, I know wink). There's really only three layers at play here: drums (Drumbrute), bass (0-coast) and melodies (Rings modulated by Maths). Luckily, as you all know, Rings is a beast and fills every vacant space with lush and pretty string delights.

[S]https://soundcloud.com/verklighetensfolk/strub-murdering[/S]

I'm really proud of the result but do tell me what you think. It doesn't matter whether you love it or hate it, I want to know! Miley Cyrus
msmithsp
Very well balanced and relaxing, like definitely a chill out song. Like the light percussion sounds a lot. Sounds more complex than what you mentioned. GJ!
BenA718
How did you get the melody to pan this way?
Soy Sos
Sounds great. Love the spacing of the bass line.
You must know something about Reggae.
andrewhuang
Really great for a) first modular track b) just three layers! Love the vibe and the constant modulation and variation.
franman69
wonderful.. keep it up!!
lisa
msmithsp wrote:
Like the light percussion sounds a lot. Sounds more complex than what you mentioned.

Thanks! This is fun! I really like the Drumbrute sound too. And yes, there are some complex polymeter action on the track. Well spotted!

BenA718 wrote:
How did you get the melody to pan this way?

Rings has two outs and will send the notes to each output every other time. However, we used a hidden mode here. "This enables a 3 voice polyphonic mode in which the notes bounce between the ODD / EVEN outputs according to an 8-step rhythmic pattern (O E E O E E O E)."

Soy Sos wrote:
Sounds great. Love the spacing of the bass line.
You must know something about Reggae.

Thanks! It's groovy, right? And still it's just 8th notes, the most un-groovy bass line imaginable. But by skipping the first 8th something interesting happens to the perception of it. I'm a bit amazed by it myself.

andrewhuang wrote:
Really great for a) first modular track b) just three layers! Love the vibe and the constant modulation and variation.

Thanks! Rings is neat.

franman69 wrote:
wonderful.. keep it up!!

nanners
lisa
Fun fact: The tune started as a polymetric drum experiment. The first drum sound got a full beat of sixteen sixteenths, the second sound only got fifteen sixteenths, the third sound got fourteen sixteenths and so on down to the eight sound that got nine sixteenths.

We expected absolute cacophony but, as you can hear, it works. In fact the drums never really loops during the full extent of this track and yet that's hardly noticeable. I find that interesting, anyway. cool
lisa
screaming goo yo Varning:NSFW and not for the faint of heart! screaming goo yo

MotionMachine
Really great stuff! You nailed down the laid back lofty feeling of dub.
lisa
MotionMachine wrote:
Really great stuff! You nailed down the laid back lofty feeling of dub.

Thank you very much! The Chewbacca Defense
plushterry
yeah man that's dreamy, I like it.

my only beef is that it doesn't have enough bass, but I am pretty greedy with bass
lisa
plushterry wrote:

my only beef is that it doesn't have enough bass, but I am pretty greedy with bass

Haha, cool! I felt the bass was a bit overpowering while in the mixing phase but I convinced myself that it was fine and suited the genre. It never occurred to me that the answer might have been to boost the bass even more. Sometimes more is more.

Rasta-nana
gis_sweden
Impressive applause
And nice vid, typ.... eek!
lisa
gis_sweden wrote:
Impressive applause
And nice vid, typ.... eek!

wink
Soy Sos
Maybe my point is off base,
but the visuals REALLY don't connect in my mind to the feeling of the music.
To each one's own, lots of murder, stabbing, etc. The trippy aspects work for me.
loydb
Great piece!
lisa
Soy Sos wrote:
Maybe my point is off base,

Not at all! I agree with you. The imagery and the frantic number of clips per minute doesn't fit in with the music at all. I find that funny though and after a while I started to like it. With that said..

wink

loydb wrote:
Great piece!

Thanks!
southphillysynths
really awesome sounds you did an awesome job keeping it just sparce enough!!

BLESS UP
lisa
southphillysynths wrote:

BLESS UP

Thank you!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1