MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

we need a boutique sampler...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author we need a boutique sampler...
anselmi
...yep...with analog filters... SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

next Designer Series: Dave Rossum! screaming goo yo w00t SlayerBadger! MY ASS IS BLEEDING

2 machines: SP-012 and E-02...non-volatile ram, SD card, knobby panel
drainyoo
I really wish Akai would do an updated version of the S950, but with modern features. Retain the old sound and bit-depth, but with internal storage, better screen and UI, visual of the waveform, etc. Like what Novation did with the Bass Station. I’d pay good money for that.
tehyar
Kind of like a S6000, but only the detachable part? That would be neat. You could pack a boatload into that form factor these days.
Numanoid92
Yeah a Roland boutique with Dave Rossum would be amazing
CF3
I don't know about a Roland "boutique", but I'll take a real boutique stand alone Rossum sampler with modern features. SOLID build quality, big RAM, crossfade looping, analog filters, nice BIG ass screen. NO sequencer, 128 voice polyphony, MULTI TIMBRAL (at least 16 voices).... etc etc etc etc. Not holding my breath, but I can dream.

Credit card ready and waiting. Never maintain cash savings again Never maintain cash savings again Never maintain cash savings again
GovernorSilver
I'd managed to forget about this, and the GAS that goes with it, and y'all had to bring it back again

http://www.rossum-electro.com/products/assimil8or/
WaveRider
yeah... modern, fast loading, with multisampled sytnh patches, not just good for looping... must be coming soon
chess1
The ASR-1.

Come on!!
chess1
Or the Mv08, I like the ring of that. Could even have a built in screen like the new Akais
tehyar
WaveRider wrote:
yeah... modern, fast loading, with multisampled sytnh patches, not just good for looping... must be coming soon

Compatible with major formats (nks, akai), user-updatable m.2 ssd storage (mmm 1tb samsung 960) would support huge multi-layer sample libraries at blazing speeds, large touch screen.

I'm in.
Annwn
In Boutique format? If they did, I reckon it'd be a pretty simple affair. Analog filters would be nice though.
Why would you want a be-all-end-all sampler in that size format? Something simple but characterful like a Mirage would be pretty cool though.
tehyar
"a boutique sampler" = "Roland Boutique"? Not something I'd considered.
WaveRider
tehyar wrote:

me neither

it won't be roland doing it for sure
the s50?
tehyar
Actually, maybe I did read it that way (Roland) at first, and the idea snowballed after reading this thread. w00t

I can't see anyone making it for now. It would probably be best done by a mainstream entity that can do both hardware and software and has huge QA departments (samplers are software heavy), though I could be totally wrong. Most seem happy to let the pc do sampling or letting their workstations handle it as an aside; especially with non-sampling synthesis being today's focus when not focused on rhythm. Akai seems focused on only MPC-style sampling these days. Huge velocity layered sample libraries do exist, though (NI!), so maybe there's hope.

Closest bet for now? Maybe a Surface Pro? I bet with the right controller dedicated to it and the right host software (Kontact?) you could get close... and have those pc advantages like vst effects.

Fuck I think I just made myself a project. sad banana
Annwn
tehyar wrote:

I was wondering how people were thinking a giant screen and terabytes of sample capacity would work in something that size and budget. lol
newgreyarea
I was just saying how I miss my old S2000 and wished someone would do a modern sampler without a sequencer. A box that can load Kontakt patches would be ace! It would need a lot of RAM and disk space but that stuff is fairly cheap these days. A nice big screen!!! Analog filters would be nice but wouldn't be a deal breaker.
nadafarms
I agree, I just want a small keyboard sampler I can play live with and the only thing that fits the bill is the op1 but so tiny... there are literally no option for me
jabberwalky
I'd much sooner think Korg would do it.

Yes, they have the Volca Sample, but that's more of a one-shot sampler. (that rk kit cable is also janky)

I'd really like to see a Volca Dss1 type of thing. Tiny sample memory (32khz, 30seconds). 8 user samples. Knobs for Start, Stop, Loop point, length. At least 4 voices. Throw the 700s filter on top. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
newgreyarea
jabberwalky wrote:

Yes, they have the Volca Sample, but that's more of a one-shot sampler. (that rk kit cable is also janky)

I'd really like to see a Volca Dss1 type of thing. Tiny sample memory (32khz, 30seconds). 8 user samples. Knobs for Start, Stop, Loop point, length. At least 4 voices. Throw the 700s filter on top. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Would that Korg microSampler keyboard work for you?
splash81
newgreyarea wrote:
jabberwalky wrote:

Would that Korg microSampler keyboard work for you?

Was going to say, the microSampler wasn't too well-received (from what I know), so I wonder if they'd try something that similar again.
minimalist
jabberwalky wrote:

I would prefer a Volca "Pro" sampler to a Boutique sampler.

Same engine as normal Volca Sample but increased memory (multiple banks of 127?), increased sample length, increased polyphony, a few separate outs and midi spec that allows program change and doesn't use up 10 channels.

Although I don't use the sequencer, this would probably require an increase to 64 steps.

No need to change anything else. wink
The Grump
I don't know, I'm kind of thinking something like a sampling module for the Arturia Synclavier seems a bit more like it. I mean if we're talking about going there, with modern capabilities and processing, that seems a little more like the kind of power a modern sampler should deliver, to me. IL Morphine was a pretty awesome step in that direction. Why not a modern Synclav, with as much or more Partials editing features? That, with analog filters would be A MONSTER. It probably would not have to be very big, either, but it would need a decent sized display.

Sure, a performance mode, with fast response and simplified live tweaking features would be essential as well, and probably not very difficult to implement. 24/96 audio outs, maybe 32-bit internal resolution? Maybe keep to 8-voices to keep the space and costs down?

Thoughts?
llexam
Boutique sampler could be cool.

Still think the Volca Sample is vastly underrated.
Cat-A-Tonic
modern sampler with analogue filter?

- a Gotharman device

- Pioneer Toraiz SP-16
solaris
do you need a shop sampler?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2