MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

OB-X neo ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author OB-X neo ?
vingtdieux
Diabolik!
Behringer
splash81
Looks "awsome"...
stikygum
Ok seriously, i just don't get it
Huba-Swift
I'm a bit confused, is this a clone coming out, an actual Oberhiem product, hardware, software, or do we not know yet? hmmm.....
Happyanimal
Diabolik! wrote:
Behringer

They bought the little oberheim logo too?
Chopper
Well, the 3340 chips being made again and all.... it might actually be a proper remake..
pre55ure
Considering that Mr. Oberheim himself hasn't been able to get the SEM design out in euro despite having shown euro versions at a couple of NAMM's makes me think that this probably doesn't have anything to do with Tom Oberheim himself.

But yeah, I don't know who legally owns that logo... but it feels like it's in pretty bad taste if this venture has nothing to do with Mr. Oberheim himself.

But who knows this could just be a rendering or a new softsynth for all I know.
estin
I just assumed VST emulation. Looks like the render has Nord 3 style led encoders which I thought were no longer available.
MoogProDG
splash81 wrote:
Looks "awsome"...

Frequence MY ASS IS BLEEDING
xonetacular
Would like a synth with led encoders- I like the feel of pots but on synths with patch memory where they don't reflect the patch it really bugs me.

It's a rendering but with all the labels as a synth module and midi/usb jacks doesn't look like a softsynth.

definitely behringer

https://trademarks.justia.com/872/67/n-87267807.html

https://trademarks.justia.com/872/62/oberheim-87262808.html

I think they withdrew the oberheim application, and the obxa application was refused from what I read
Diabolik!
Happyanimal wrote:
Diabolik! wrote:
Behringer

They bought the little oberheim logo too?

someone posted several pages of their copyright filings a while back and the Oberheim music note logo as well as "OBXA" were on the list. I think "Oscar" and a bunch of others were on there as well.
xonetacular
estin wrote:
has Nord 3 style led encoders which I thought were no longer available.

Look at the led encoders on the behringer x32
MATSmile
Likely just another VST.
splash81
MoogProDG wrote:
splash81 wrote:
Looks "awsome"...

Frequence MY ASS IS BLEEDING

You have a keen eye, didn't spot that! Hey, they spelled "module" correctly, though, so maybe it isn't a vst! Whoever they are...
Sir Ruff
MATSmile wrote:
Likely just another VST.

All the outputs labels on the back wouldn't be there/necessary on a VST. Ditto with "phones".

Not clear about the labeling, since apparently Behringer didn't get approval to use the name. In any case a new cheap vintage-sounding poly with some Xa aggression will definitely be much appreciated!
Huba-Swift
I have a hunch that it is a fake teaser. too many spelling mistakes on the unit and ad. Just seems fishy.
xenosapien
Behringer apparently denied being involved with this today.

So... is it just a (fake?) trailer?

There seems to be zero substance to this except for the original vimeo upload... and that might be just someoneĀ“s video animation hobby project... (would explain the spelling errors)
flo
xenosapien wrote:
Behringer apparently denied being involved with this today.

Yeah. Source: https://www.sequencer.de/blog/oberheim-ob-x-neo/32256
calaveras
still, the trademark sniping.
peripatitis
I also thought it was just a vst plug..
zenbob
Tom Oberheim discussed his new product in his keynote speech at the recent Knobcon convention. He also played a short audio demo and it sounded fantastic.

He said its going in a Eurorack skiff. He also said the CVs were not on the main module, but on some kind of expansion module.

Maybe others who were at Knobcon can add to this.
diophantine
zenbob wrote:
Tom Oberheim discussed his new product in his keynote speech at the recent Knobcon convention. He also played a short audio demo and it sounded fantastic.

He said its going in a Eurorack skiff. He also said the CVs were not on the main module, but on some kind of expansion module.

Maybe others who were at Knobcon can add to this.

That sounds more like the Eurorack SEM that's been at NAMM the past 2-3 years now.
limpmeat
It says it's not new, but it has 'new' in the name. I am confused.
zenbob
limpmeat wrote:
It says it's not new, but it has 'new' in the name. I am confused.

What is old is new, and apparently newer than the last old new SEM module.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1