MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

midiDAC: daisy chaining MIDI sockets
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author midiDAC: daisy chaining MIDI sockets
Pav
Hi,
Im planning to use the 19" 1u high fpd design on the website with some mods.

I am not a big fan of the midi in and thru sockets centered on the front panel. Call it feng shui.

simplest idea is to shift the MIDI sockets to the far left. but wanted to check
alternatives of daisy chaining to a pair on the rear or side panel , or just dropping MIDI thru

a) Is it ok to have a pair of MIDI IN sockets wired up so i can connect via side/back panel or the front panel and would i need to add any components?

b) If I just wish to omit a MIDI thru socket - do i need to link any pcb pads or ano mod?

Ta
Synthbuilder
Pav wrote:
Is it ok to have a pair of MIDI IN sockets wired up so i can connect via side/back panel or the front panel and would i need to add any components?

You could indeed wire a second pair of sockets in parallel with the ones on the front panel. However, you would not be able to use both inputs or both outputs at the same time. That is, only one of the input sockets and one of the output sockets could be used at any one time.

Quote:
If I just wish to omit a MIDI thru socket - do i need to link any pcb pads or ano mod?

No need for any links. Just simply omit the unwanted connector.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1